LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

What To Do, What To Do…

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes What To Do, What To Do…

This topic contains 36 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  ndc 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

dunc
    Keymaster

I’m just having zero luck with these fish. There is barely any space in the tank now and I’m just not seeing the other two T. ellioti at all. One fish has the entire 4 foot tank to himself.

I’m really contemplating giving up and selling them on. Seeing Neill’s Guianacara sp. in my LFS really didn’t help either… sooo tempted…

BTW Neal, apparently the British Cichlid Association says they’re definitely Bolivian Rams…

Matt
    Keymaster

Eh? Someone misidentify Neill´s fish dood? I think the only other option left to you for the ellioti is to empty the tank, re-arrange the decor and add some more fish when you set it back up again. Three is not usually a good number where cichlids are concerned. Even adding a shoal of another species might make a difference if you can´t get more ellioti. Sorry man.

dunc
    Keymaster

I’ve still got the “alpha male” in a separate tank too. I could buy more but I’m wondering.. is it worth spending another £14/ea for them, when I could get six to ten of Neal’s juvi Guianacara for £3/ea? I’m just kinda fed up, they’ve been nothing but hassle since I got them

Matt
    Keymaster

Can you get copies and put them on here? I´ve given up on Neill finding his camera cable or whatever it was…

dunc
    Keymaster

I’ll go take some myself when Michael’s back from his holidays

ndc
    Participant

ive got pics of the adults (still cant find the cable!) and from the description kullander gives of cuyunii they are either these or another undescribed fish – main pointers are that the band on flank is only 3 scales wide at widest point and the pectoral doesnt extend to the anal fin, also the black band stays on the dorsal of the adult fish, ill be kind and say they havent seen a proper pic, btw my altifrons have spawned again (2 pair) so should have some of those soon as well.

dunc
    Keymaster

STOP IT NEILL, YOU’RE NOT HELPING!

Richy
    Participant

I have a card reader I don’t use if you want it Neil, what card are you using? Tis free if it will work

ndc
    Participant

just the little cards that go in the back of the camera !! as you may have already realised ive not much interest in technology !!

ndc
    Participant

just thought actually , ive also got a minute or so worth of vid of the geos spawning yesterday as well

Richy
    Participant

SD, MMC, XD etc, it will say on the card

ndc
    Participant

its sd cards for my daughters camera and ive got a sony so that has its own card reader, lost them when i put down some flooring, theyll be in a box somewhere, ill sort something out

mickthefish
    Participant

dunc, i’ve had a word on keeping ellioti to a couple of cichlid ladfs who have them and they’ve both said out and out B…….S.
    try the other fish you fancy as changing the decor won’t work mate.

mick

dunc
    Keymaster

Ahh ok Mick. Thanks for that. Everywhere else says they’re much more mild than Firemouths.. I could’ve happily kept six Firemouths in that tank I reckon

ndc
    Participant

only thing id say about the guianacara is that youll probably end up with a pair in the tank when they spawn as they were excellant parents – in other words they kept all of the geos at the other end of the tank when they had the young but i suppose they may be different if theyve been brought up together

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.