LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

What Type Of Coldwater Fish Do You Keep?

Home Forums My Aquarium What Type Of Coldwater Fish Do You Keep?

This topic contains 23 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  David Marshall 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

David Marshall
    Participant

Follow-up thread, requested by Matt, from Botia striata post.

What type of coldwater fish do you keep?

Regards David

Daspricey
    Participant

I’ve kept several coldwater species, at the moment i only have goldfish, orfe and weather loaches. In the past however i have kept goldfish (several varieties such as shubunkins, sarrassas…), black carp, ghost carp/koi, tench, orfe, stickleback, barbatula barbatula (Stone loach), barbatula sp, bullhead.

For the temperate species danio sp (pearls, zebras, leopards (Whether you can count that as another sp), roseus, panther (TWO 03)), devarios (sp giraffe and cf malabaricus(I think).), loaches (sinibotia, Y. nigrolineata, A zonalternans, misgurnus), odessa barbs, garra cambodgiensis, ethistes. I think thats them. I’m also planning another trip down to madienhead [email protected] Peterborough asap and i have no doubt i will be adding several more species to that list.

andy rushworth
    Participant

Just a few goldfish and a weather fish .

David Marshall
    Participant

QUOTE (botty @ Jul 28 2008, 04:47 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Just a few goldfish and a weather fish .

Sounds good. What varieties of goldfish do you keep?

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey

I have 3 lovely U.K.-bred Koi in an ample-sized raised pond on my fish house floor. This is a good warning. The pond was installed to house Shubunkins. 14 years past a local aquarist knocked on our door and said ‘David will you, please, look after these 3 little Koi I have purchased until my pond is ready for them. I have brought a large tub of floating sticks and will bring more as you need’. So I took the little Koi and with their purchaser leaving the area for a new job they were never collected. I am so attached to them now that I will be really sad when anything happens to them.

I also have WCMM’s and 4 Oranda, but not in the same aquaria or pond.

Regards David

Little Lamb
    Participant

Hey David,

Just wondered if you had a problem with your WCMM and an abundance of fry if they’re kept alone?

I currently keep white clouds and the plan is to create a ‘river tank’ for them with either a manifold, or just a couple of powerheads and a decent sized external but as they’ll be the only occupants I was a little concerned that they’ll reproduce …a lot!

I was chatting to someone recently about his experiences of WCMM and was told that fry might become a problem, hence my question

Malti
    Participant

I got a couple of giant koi, in our water reservoir, might get some pics sometime

and Jo you could always get an oscar and give him WCMM as food

Little Lamb
    Participant

QUOTE (Malti @ Aug 12 2008, 11:27 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    and Jo you could always get an oscar and give him WCMM as food /ohmy.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:o” border=”0″ alt=”ohmy.gif” /> /ohmy.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:o” border=”0″ alt=”ohmy.gif” /> /ohmy.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:o” border=”0″ alt=”ohmy.gif” /> …you’re as bad as Jared!

White clouds are wicked little fish, I love mine loads hence giving them their own tank – happiest minnows in the UK /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” /> x

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Little Lamb @ Aug 13 2008, 12:41 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    /ohmy.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:o” border=”0″ alt=”ohmy.gif” /> /ohmy.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:o” border=”0″ alt=”ohmy.gif” /> /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” />

PS… don’t happen to be stalking me do you Karlos /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” />

well i didn’t say they ain’t wicked, just if you have loads you need to get rid of some…bet my mice loved the guppy diet sometime back /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

Malti
    Participant

lovely oscars, poor minnows

dunc
    Keymaster

Grrrr at that film tbh

Matt
    Keymaster

I didn’t notice that before. Sorry Karlos gonna have to remove that one. That kind of thing is certainly not something we intend to support. Hope you understand mate.

Malti
    Participant

no prob Matt, sorry if i stepped the line…

thelizzious

QUOTE (David Marshall @ Jul 27 2008, 02:17 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>

Regards David

I would like to reply if that’s okay.
    In my 120 L tank I keep 8 fish, one adult orange fan-tail, two adult black moors, one semi-adult calico, three 4 month old young fan-tails and one guppychild.
    In my 60 L tank I have 5 Neon tetra’s, 3 Zebra Danio’s (I seem to have lost two of the 5 last night) a few snails which must have landed when I had to save a few young koi’s when my sister’s pond was destroyed and the koi’s didn’t have any other place to survive.
    Outside the tanks I have three cats. /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Richy
    Participant

QUOTE (David Marshall @ Jul 27 2008, 02:17 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>

Regards David

NONE

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.