LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

What Unusual Animals Live In Your Pond !

Home Forums Invertebrates & Other Critters What Unusual Animals Live In Your Pond !

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  keith565 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

geordie John
    Participant

Now then,
    Just thought I’d ask as I’ve heard some Corys and Mollies have lived for a few years in local ponds and last year I put a few guppies in mine to try and control all the mozzies which were enjoying my garden. I ended up with hundreds of guppies ,theyd done more than tollerate it ! unfortunately I couldnt catch them and its been a tad cold over the last few days .
    All the best,
    G.J.

Matt
    Keymaster

I had white clouds outside in a plastic container for a summer when I was a nipper. No filter, I just threw them in with loads of Elodea and ended up with loads of fry too. John, did those guppies survive the winter??

geordie John
    Participant

QUOTE(Matt @ Feb 25 2008, 08:57 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I had white clouds outside in a plastic container for a summer when I was a nipper. No filter, I just threw them in with loads of Elodea and ended up with loads of fry too. John, did those guppies survive the winter??

Matt
    Keymaster

And they’re both dead as well do you think mate or hibernating?

Malti
    Participant

what temperatures do you have there? got a small reservoir and was thinking of putting guppies in it

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi Malti I think you have it a bit warmer than we do

dunc
    Keymaster

Apart from middlesbrough where the smog keeps the ponds lovely and warm

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE(Matt @ May 13 2008, 01:52 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Malti I think you have it a bit warmer than we do /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE(dunc @ May 13 2008, 01:58 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Apart from middlesbrough where the smog keeps the ponds lovely and warm /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Apparently in Middlesbrough the local council issue emergency “smog inhalers” for those wanting to leave the area for any reason

keith565
    Participant

QUOTE(Matt @ May 13 2008, 05:56 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Apparently in Middlesbrough the local council issue emergency “smog inhalers” for those wanting to leave the area for any reason /blink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blink:” border=”0″ alt=”blink.gif” />
    Author
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.