LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

What would you add? – 75 gallon peaceful community

Home Forums My Aquarium What would you add? – 75 gallon peaceful community

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Barb Man 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Sarabi
    Participant

I love my tank, but I feel like there’s something that could be added. What would you add? New species, more of an old species, or is it fully stocked as it is?

Whatever I got would have to be compatible with the species I already have. So please no fish that would eat, bully, terrorize, fin nip, or otherwise injure the others.

Current stocking:
    1 Honey Gourami male (Trichogaster chuna)
    1 Bristlenose Pleco male (Ancistrus species)
    15 Panda Cories – roughly (Corydoras panda)
    8 Gold Tetras (Hemigrammus rodwayi)
    7 Black Neon Tetras (Hemigrammus herbertaxelrodi)
    10 Cardinal Tetras (Paracheirodon axelrodi)
    10 Harlequin Rasboras (Trigonostigma heteromorpha)

The tank has 2 Aquaclear filters, a temperature of 75 degrees, a pH of 6.4. It is heavily planted with fake plants, Malaysian and Mopani Driftwood, and caves. Weekly 40% water changes.

Picture:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/Akeath2/20160908_202938_1.jpg

Barb Man
    Participant

I would look into medium Eartheaters and maybe try some of the dwarfs if you want lots of color. I am currently in a nano phase so I personally would get something small but in a 75 I would probably go back to one of my favorites because it was the first fish I breed and raised completely back to adults, ‘Geophagus’ steindachneri or the very closely related G. pellegrini but these are not easily acquired. i would add some more of the Honey gouramis if you don’t want to go cichlids but both species of ram (Mikrogeophagus ramirezi and altispinosus) are actually really nice little fish that aren’t mean. I could also suggest some random things like angels, a firemouth, and lastly keyhole cichlids because they are so cute. I haven’t done any calculations about the stocking because I don’t know about your filters but those are just some random things to give you ideas. I would redo and do africans but thats just my opinion and I doubt you want to tear everything down and do African cichids

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.