LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Whats The Most Annoying Fish You Keep

Home Forums The Lounge Whats The Most Annoying Fish You Keep

This topic contains 26 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  dunc 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Jarcave
    Participant

Earlier today I caught a 2 second glance of my Leporacanthicus triactis (LO91). I’ve not seen him in days. He’s a beautiful fish despite being young and was bought to grow on. I’m very annoyed I can’t tempt him out during the day. I’ve tried not feeding him for a couple of days and then adding food during the day. But he just doesn’t want to know! He’s definately the most frustrating and annoying fish I currently keep!

Whats yours? And why?

Richy
    Participant

12″ Black ghost knifefish, he’s my favourite baby but I can’t flippin add anything else to the tank without him thinking it’s food and trying to kill it /angry.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:angry:” border=”0″ alt=”angry.gif” />
    The only tank mates in there are a pair of gold panchax and a sailfin plec, suprised he hasn’t bothered the panchax but he doesn’t seem bothered, weird.
    I love him to bits though

keith565
    Participant

bristlenose plecs. i’ve got hunreds of the buggers and catching them is murder.lol
    the number of times i’ve had to strip tanks down to thin them out is unbelievable.lol

Eyrie
    Participant

Probably my sids. I can do a head count on all the other fish I keep, but they’re just too damned fast to be counted

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (keith565 @ Aug 12 2008, 11:43 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    bristlenose plecs. i’ve got hunreds of the buggers and catching them is murder.lol
    the number of times i’ve had to strip tanks down to thin them out is unbelievable.lol

damn and I can’t find any around here…

mine would be the SAE, need to move plants/stuff around to get a glimpse of em

Reva
    Participant

I have had worse, mind you, but At Present my most annoying fish, and also one of my favorites, is my Red Tailed Shark, Labeo Bicolor. I think it’s a female, because she’s plump, but she is very Naughty about chasing the other fish. She has LIPS, not Teeth, but everyone is afraid of her. Small fish flee in panicked disorder, large cichlids tremble in their flower pots, and even Fiercer botia loaches with switchblades in their heads, dart back into their caves when they see her coming. She seriously disturbs the tranquility /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />

mickthefish
    Participant

i find every fish i have to be annoying, whatever fish i’m after turns out to be a marathon, in the end i have to strip the tank of decor to get it.
    Keith mate, you have just got a fish that will drive you potty trying to catch it mate.
    Sewelia lineolata. /wacko.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wacko:” border=”0″ alt=”wacko.gif” />

mick

Bluedave
    Participant

Clown loaches – forever digging up me plants – little b&st&£ds.

Reva
    Participant

QUOTE (Bluedave @ Aug 13 2008, 08:58 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Clown loaches – forever digging up me plants – little b&st&£ds.

awwwwwwe! I love mine /blush.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blush:” border=”0″ alt=”blush.gif” /> How can they be little b%st%-ds?

Bluedave
    Participant

Yeah, I love ’em thats why i’ve kept them even though they are little bu&&£rs – bit like kids really!!!

brightsyde
    Participant

My bleedin’ mollies… I swear everytime I look in the tank there’s more fry! I don’t even want them any more, I’ve got a list as long as your arm of stuff I could use the tank for, but I’m too soft to part with them

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (brightsyde @ Aug 14 2008, 11:56 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    My bleedin’ mollies… I swear everytime I look in the tank there’s more fry! I don’t even want them any more, I’ve got a list as long as your arm of stuff I could use the tank for, but I’m too soft to part with them

brightsyde
    Participant

QUOTE (Malti @ Aug 14 2008, 10:59 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I think mine have taken a vow of celibacy…more than a month and haven’t seen a single fry yet

Lucky so-n-so! My males got rehomed a good 4 months ago and I got up yesterday morning to 36 new fry, and another female is due to pop any day

Malti
    Participant

you call that lucky? /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Reva
    Participant

QUOTE (Malti @ Aug 14 2008, 11:04 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    you call that lucky? /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Been there, tried that…kept fishing the babies out and setting up another tank as soon as my angelfish decided the fry looked tasty. Kibishi Malti (meanie)

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.