LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

When You Lose A Fish.

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes When You Lose A Fish.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

steve01

Hi All, I lost one of my platty’s last night, it looked like it had cotton mouth, now what do you recommend that I do with the tank now, would you just do a water change or would you dose the tank with Melafix and Pimafix, all the other fish seem fine, I have got a 200 litre tank with a Fluval 205 external filter, I have got Mollies, Plattys, Rams, Keyhole Cichlids, Corys, Harlequin Tetras, Catfish, and a Elephant nose fish which is scaleless so I have got to be extra careful what medication I put into the tank.

Thank You.

Steve.

Eyrie
    Participant

Providing none of the other fish are showing any symptoms I’d do a water change and then add some Melafix as a precaution. If though any other fish are infected, I’d do the water change and then add medication.

Matt
    Keymaster

I agree with Mark. Maybe the platy just banged it’s mouth on something and the wound became infected but if there’s a chance of Columnaris better to be safe than sorry imo.

Author
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.