LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

World's Strongest Beer Launched

Home Forums The Lounge World's Strongest Beer Launched

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bluedave 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Get yer credit cards ready lads!

Oh and it’s Scottish, quelle surprise.

johnpeten
    Participant

A marketing gimmick. The alcohol content of fermented and brewed alcoholic beverages is controlled by the yeast themselves. When the alcohol content becomes too high they die.
    The highest that a wine can achieve is 14% and this is unusual. Beer is 20% and this is rare.
    This must be a fortified beer similar to Port Wine with alcohol added.
    I am not a beer drinker but when I have visited the UK I look for what used to be called Barley Wine and is now marketed under other labels. This has a strong flavour and high alcohol content. For a long drink it works well mixed with Brown Ale. My favorite drink is Black Velvet, Guinness mixed with a semi sweet or sweet sparkling wine such as cheap Champagne or Asti Spumante.
    I think you will find my suggestions cheaper and more satisfying.hic.

Colin
    Participant

Scottish eh? who would have guessed?

I Like this quote..

A warning on the label states: “This is an extremely strong beer; it should be enjoyed in small servings and with an air of aristocratic nonchalance. In exactly the same manner that you would enjoy a fine whisky, a Frank Zappa album or a visit from a friendly yet anxious ghost.”

I have about 60 Zappa albums so between that and being Scottish I think I am well qualified to drink too much Tactical Nuclear Penguin.

Matt
    Keymaster

Ker ching that’ll be their first customer then!

Bluedave
    Participant

second actually……hic……hic……hic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.