LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Worms

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  mikev 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mikev
    Participant

Does anyone know what this may be?

http://rainbow-fish.org/fishpic/redworms.jpg

These worms live in the substrate in one of the hillstream tanks and the fish either does not eat them or cannot eat all of them. I wonder just what this is and if this can be cultivated and fed to fish. I’ll try to cultivate them as grindal worms, but actually they are not grindals: they are larger (2x?) and red in color. On the photo white lines are fiber (I did set up a grindal-like dish) but light red worms can be seen, red clumps contain many worms (somehow they clump together).

Should I be brave enough to try feeding them to fish? (I guess killies or cory fry).

Plaamoo
    Participant

Have you ever fed California blackworms? Look a bit like the young I find with water changes.

mikev
    Participant

Never — only balitorids in the tank. I don’t think I ever fed anything live to this tank. And I think these worms are adults, at least I never saw larger ones.

oaken
    Participant

They remind me of “microfex”, which is a Dero species.

mikev
    Participant

Seems like a good match — tyvm!

I googled around to find that someone else reports finding them accidentally in tank water… funny the title of this thread is “Microfex Worms *the best live food out there*”.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.