LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Worried

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  mickthefish 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

niko
    Participant

I saw my angelfish and cory flashing or flicking onto some rocks this morning. What worries me is that the Discus might be infected as well. I raised the temperature to 30 degrees. I will do a 30% water change and see what would happen. Nothing is visible on the skin…so not sure what it might be.

Matt
    Keymaster

Hey Niko.

Malti
    Participant

did you check water parameters?

Reva
    Participant

Since cory’s are armour plated, do they get ick etc? Sounds like water conditions to me. I’d add some Prime just to be sure

niko
    Participant

QUOTE (Malti @ Jul 27 2008, 07:07 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    did you check water parameters?

Nothing different…no new additions. I do a 25% water change every 4 to 7 days. The only thing that I might think of is heat. Lately, temperatures were around 33 degrees and water was in the region of 31. But for some days, temperature decreased to 27 and varying in the day. This might have triggered something. So, now I switched on the heater back again which is at 30 degrees.

niko
    Participant

QUOTE (Reva @ Jul 27 2008, 08:31 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Since cory’s are armour plated, do they get ick etc? Sounds like water conditions to me. I’d add some Prime just to be sure

Corydoras will still suffer from white spot, unfortunately…

Jarcave
    Participant

I was under the impression that whitespot was killed at temperatures above 31C?

If your water quality is good, then I’d keep a very close eye on the fish before adding treatment. How regularly are they “flashing”?

Little Lamb
    Participant

QUOTE (Jarcave @ Jul 27 2008, 08:13 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I was under the impression that whitespot was killed at temperatures above 31C?

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but I thought the temp had to be constantly above 31c for a prolonged amount of time (10+ days) in order to completely kill whitespot. Never experienced it so just going off what I’ve read

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Little Lamb @ Jul 27 2008, 10:37 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but I thought the temp had to be constantly above 31c for a prolonged amount of time (10+ days) in order to completely kill whitespot. Never experienced it so just going off what I’ve read

niko
    Participant

QUOTE (Little Lamb @ Jul 27 2008, 10:37 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jarcave
    Participant

QUOTE (Little Lamb @ Jul 27 2008, 09:37 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but I thought the temp had to be constantly above 31c for a prolonged amount of time (10+ days) in order to completely kill whitespot. Never experienced it so just going off what I’ve read /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” /> AND the addition of extra aeration via a venturi or airstone with the high temperatures.

mickthefish
    Participant

niko, when you do your water changes do you disturb your substrate as youve said there’s nothing showing on your fish as yet,
    it could be a bacterial buildup in your gravel/sand.

mick

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.