LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Yasuhikotakia splendida Male?

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Yasuhikotakia splendida Male?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  andy rushworth 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I picked up these two stunning splendida from Pier, they have been in the shop since March and fully settled in a big group, I had noticed a small bit of colouration on one of my group a while ago but nothing to this extent:

This is definately not artificial colouring or a problem with the fish as the intensity of colouration changes and rapidly at times, I am assumimg that this is male maturity/spawning colouration as I have never heard reports of it been seen before

Matt
    Keymaster

Wow.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

This colouration has developed while in the shop and settled, they certainly do seem more outgoing than my other 13 and hopefully when they finally move to their bigger tank I will see a lot more of them.

Matt
    Keymaster

How are you getting on with these Mark? Have they maintained the red colouration?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

They still have the red and it has become more intense since they went into my tank, I noticed a lot of clicking over the weekend and unfortunately found 4 of my existing group dead yesterday morning /mad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:mad:” border=”0″ alt=”mad.gif” />

I dont know if the new fish have thrown their weight around a bit to much and caused a bit of stress in the existing fish, the worst part is the not knowing.

Matt
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear that.

andy rushworth
    Participant

Aaah sorry to hear that Mark !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.