LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Yellow eggs In The Gravel

Home Forums My Aquarium Yellow eggs In The Gravel

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  gizmo984 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

gizmo984
    Participant

Hello,got one question…
    When I was changing the gravel in my tank,from black gravel (2-3mm) to beach sand,I found litlle yellow “balls” in the gravel (around 20 of them).When I destroyed one of them it looked like the balls were folicles and were holding a lot of tinny litlle eggs…Unfortunatelly I wasn`t thinking about what it was and just threw them away…werry angry at myself grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Eyrie
    Participant

Not had anything similar, but snail eggs would be my guess as well.

gizmo984
    Participant

neritinas and helenas don`t reproduce by laying eggs in the gravel…that was my guess at first also,but…not it

lloyd
    Participant

tricky one if by yellow you mean green and you have kuhli loaches that could be the answer but they dont really bury them in the gravel. what fish and inverts do u have in there/

gizmo984
    Participant

no,I mean yellow like a sun-flower /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Thomas

Some kuhlii loaches got yellow eggs. Here is a of my Pangio malayana, as you can see at the female on the left: Yellow eggs inside.

Cheers,
    Thomas

Attached files

gizmo984
    Participant

could be!!!nice picture by the way /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” /> tnx again

BigTom
    Participant

Sounds very much like osmocote fertiliser to me, could have been present in root tabs or something –

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q…sa=N&tab=wi

gizmo984
    Participant

it`s the first time I hear of osmocote fertiliser.I use pro fito by easy life,it`s liquid

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.