Over the last few decades the aquarium glass catfish has generally been referred to as Kryptopterus bicirrhis or, more recently, K. minor in both aquarium and scientific literature, but a new paper by Drs. Heok Hee Ng and Maurice Kottelat reveals that this popular species has in fact been misidentified for over eighty years. Continue reading »
- Site improvements, 7 days ago
- New species appears closely related to red eye tetra, 524 days ago
- New pike cichlid from the rio Xingu, 545 days ago
- Video - Save the Blue Heart of Europe, 546 days ago
- New Geophagus has unique colour pattern, 817 days ago
What about the species A. nanolutea? aka. "Gold Convict"
29th Mar 2017
I had five zebra danios in my tank, all normal colored, wild type fish. A while ago I discovered a young fish between the plants which I raised and ha...
28th Mar 2017
Chris Englezou in his recent blogs on C.E Fish Essentials states he found thus species in the Rio Atacavi,which is a new location for fulvipinnis.
25th Mar 2017
I think the second photos is one in breeding condition. My females always flush darker like that when caring for eggs or young fry.
20th Mar 2017
90cm? All other sources (including fishbase) say 30cm
13th Feb 2017