LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

20 Liter Arcadia

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes 20 Liter Arcadia

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Fishwife 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Fishwife
    Participant

I’m going to set up my 20 litre Arcadia again, this time for my new Betta who’s at present living in a 10 litre tank, which is a bit on the small side.

As the tank will be in the new kitchen I don’t want to use gravel but as I’d like some plants (Crypts mainly) I was thinking of either Caribsea Tahitian Moon Black or CaribSea White Marine, but as this only seems to be sold in 20lb bags I was wondering how much I’d need to cover the bottom 30 x 25 cm to a depth of 1 ins, can you please advise me on that as I’ve never used sand before.

Also as I said this is an Arcadia Arc Pod with a 9 watt Arc Pod light, although I’ve used the tank in the past, I’ve never used the light as I wasn’t really keen on it, but now think it would look better in that particular position than the tall Superfish 18 watt light that I use now. AND, I was wondering if in the opinion of others this light would be OK to grow low light plants?

dunc
    Keymaster

QUOTE (Fishwife @ May 11 2009, 12:08 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I was wondering how much I’d need to cover the bottom 30 x 25 cm to a depth of 1 ins, can you please advise me on that as I’ve never used sand before.

Can’t really advise you on the lighting et al but Amy recently bought a 5kg bag of sand for her 30*30 tank and it gave her a covering of nearly 3 inches deep. 3kg (6.6lbs) should be fine for what you need

Bluedave
    Participant

Lighting should be fine – it’s about 2 WPG, although I find you need a bit more light in smaller tanks than larger tanks (with regards WPG). That should be fine for low light plants.

Matt
    Keymaster

Shifted this into the appropriate forum.

Fishwife
    Participant

Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate it.

Author
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.