LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

A few tiny larvae

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes A few tiny larvae

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Plaamoo
    Participant

I know there is an appropriate r. duospilus thread but I couldn’t find it. My matriarch has laid eggs on the front glass. Is this unusual Jutta?

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z229/bigsky_photos/DSC_4731_zps7ab85752.jpg

Rüdiger
    Participant

Great photo Jim! ;-)

R.

Ferrika
    Participant

The eggs which are stored in this way are mostly not fertilized, Jim. This becomes probably rather nothing.

Plaamoo
    Participant

Thanks Rudi. A bit too much light and the glass is dirty.

Thanks Jutta, that’s what I figured. She’s done it correctly before so I don’t know what’s going on? Maybe the male(her young son) is not cooperating?

Matt
    Keymaster

Good to know you’ve been raising fry Jim! Are Rhinogobius females known to simply expel eggs sometimes, e.g., in the absence of a receptive male?

Ferrika
    Participant

Jim, it may be that the male has no desire either because it is too young … or (and I do not want to hope for you) he is the wrong species …..
    Do you have a significant temperature drop at night in the tank? If not, you should try it once.

Matt, older, more experienced females lay their eggs in listless males indeed on somewhere. Younger females die unfortunately sometimes on spawning hardening, because they has not mastered this.

oaken
    Participant

Yeah, amazing photo!

Plaamoo
    Participant

At the moment I only have one mature female and two of her offspring, one male one female. The mature male, and father of the offspring, died a while back. The young male looks mature and is pretty well colored up. I’m not in a position right now to raise a bunch of fry and not “trying” to breed them. Thanks for the tips though:wink:

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.