A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

A small Corydoras panda biotope

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes A small Corydoras panda biotope

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Nannostomus
    Participant

I’d like to set up a 10-20 gallon aquarium as a Corydoras panda biotope. According to Wikipedia “It is found in Peru and Ecuador, most notably in the Huanaco region, where it inhabits the Rio Aquas, the Rio Amarillae, a tributary of the Rio Pachitea, and the Rio Ucayali river system.”

These biotopes are cold water (at least for South America) with little to no vegetation and with stones and driftwood over sand. I also imagine that they water is fairly swift and well-oxygenated. Quite different from a typical Amazonian biotope.

I’ve been pouring through fishbase and I’ve been having trouble finding small fish that come from these regions. There really isn’t any info on the part of Ecuador that they live in. Plus the Huanaco region is quite far from Ecuador. I would be surprised if the species in Ecuador are actually the same as the species in the Huanaco region of Peru. I’ve been mostly looking for fish from the Huanaco region of Peru.

Species from the Huanaco region that I’ve found are catfish (Astroblepus sp. and possibly some Chaestoma sp.) and cichlids (Bujurquina sp., Tahuantinsuyoa sp., and Aequidens patricki). The cichlids are too large, and the catfish would be hard to find and possibly too large. Plus, I would rather have a mid- to top-dwelling fish instead of more catfish.

Does anyone know some small mid- to top-dwelling fish from this type of biotope?

Does anyone know anything about the Ecuadorian distribution of Corydoras panda?

Should I just do a species tank?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.