LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Adventures In Thailand 2011

Home Forums Field Trips & Conservation Adventures In Thailand 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Yeah I think the catfish is Pseudomystus siamensis too. The Schistura is nice!

Andy twas an odd vid indeed – wouldn’t mind some of that stuff swimming in my kitchen to be honest.

andy rushworth
    Participant

Just imagine a 6x2x2 tank dedicated to Japanese F/W fishes /blink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blink:” border=”0″ alt=”blink.gif” /> nowt wrong with dreaming

Matt
    Keymaster

My life will remain incomplete until I get a big tank with a school of Zacco and/or Nipponocypris as the centrepiece…

Plaamoo
    Participant

More JJ!

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi Jim , I’m drooling somewhat at your pics /wub.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wub:” border=”0″ alt=”wub.gif” /> I currantly have four ,did have six but two jumped out when they were small

Matt
    Keymaster

Barbonymus gonionotus Andy?

andy rushworth
    Participant

Could well be Matt ? its just that black gill bar ? mind most of my books show dead specimens so the colours are faded , somebody like Nonn would probably know !

Its nice to see all those Dispar

Matt
    Keymaster

Nonn’s pic of B. gonionotus – looks the same to me?

Attached files

andy rushworth
    Participant

Nice one Matt, I had a look on Google images myself /wub.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wub:” border=”0″ alt=”wub.gif” /> perhaps they loose this in captivity ,they look very close to Hypsibarbus ?

Plaamoo
    Participant

Glad you guys workd it out! Nonn’s been AWOL, he’s a busy guy! Thanks for the catfish help also Andy. I knew the glyptothorax major, but hadn’t seen the siamensis cat, lovely fish! Second trip to the stream I did a lot more excavating/ lifting rocks and these along with the schistura(kochangensis), and homaloptera were in hiding.

What are the fish in the 2 pics above the mudskippers?

Matt
    Keymaster

QUOTE (plaamoo @ Feb 21 2011, 03:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    What are the fish in the 2 pics above the mudskippers?

Butis sp. Jim. Very cool fish and can actually be kept with mudskippers!

Plaamoo
    Participant

I went back to JJ & got a short vid of the “Japanese” fish. The shop guy says sarcocheilichthys variegatus.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNgGC4vVn7s

andy rushworth
    Participant

Ahh simply wonderful /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />

Plaamoo
    Participant

My pleasure Andy, glad you enjoyed it! I’ve got some more stuff here to sort through. Jet lag has got the best of me at the moment.

Shankar

Some awesome Barbs in the video! Thanks for showing us.

Hope you had a great time there. I wish I do a trip there for those Balitorids. Drool stuff!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.