LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Albino Bn Fry, Yeaaahh

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Albino Bn Fry, Yeaaahh

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
  • Author

mickthefish
    Participant

right bud you’ll be having loads of fry shortly, the best food i’ve found for them when they’ve absorbed the yolksac is cos lettuce leaves if there’s none available try dandelion leaves they go grey once blanched but don’t worry they luv them, go on to cucumber when a little bigger and also i’ve tried the young on the finest of the ZM pellets and they’ve been fine with them.
    do waterchanges daily as any ammonia reading is a killer to them when young.

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

Yep lettuce is great as are shelled peas. Dandelion leaves = genius Mick

Richy
    Participant

yip, my freinds brought theirs up on blanched lettuce and cucumber and other frozen foods and pellets once bigger

KAH
    Participant

good luck Richy! I’m sure they’ll do wonderfully.
    I’ve heard they like french cut green beans really well. Never tried it with mine.

Mine did like frozen (thawed) peas but I took the skin off first.

Richy
    Participant

cheers KAH, yes i’d pop them out of shell first if I use them

Richy
    Participant

first day as wriggly’s and also the ones which were flicked out

Reva
    Participant

Wow !

mickthefish
    Participant

bud, there’s nothing to add regarding hints, just keep em well fed and the water sweet an thats it, just a small note, the fry turn out in a staggered growth pattern no matter how well you feed them.

mick
    ps, i’m glad you have your fry mate.

Richy
    Participant

Reva, I think you’ve missed something somewhere as the male and fry are alone and in a different tank from the main community fish.
    Fry are escaping and all over the place even though they still have yoke sacks. I think I’ll put cuc and blanched lettuce in tomorrow even though the sacks still there

Reva
    Participant

QUOTE (Richy @ Aug 4 2008, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Reva, I think you’ve missed something somewhere as the male and fry are alone and in a different tank from the main community fish.
    Fry are escaping and all over the place even though they still have yoke sacks. I think I’ll put cuc and blanched lettuce in tomorrow even though the sacks still there

Richy
    Participant

Reva, none of the post times were close together so it’s your cats fault

Malti
    Participant

with bettas I remove them 3 days after, when they’re free swimming…so less chance of becoming daddy’s snack

mickthefish
    Participant

yes Richy sorry mate, as soon as the fry have left the coup i used to get the male out and back in his own tank.
    but saying that i never saw any of my adults eating fry, bolton aquarium has a tank full of all different sized ancistrus, wether they raised them away from the tank only Paul & Pete can answer that.

mick

Richy
    Participant

I don’t think he’ll eat them but I was thinking more about getting him feeding properly again as he doesn’t eat as much whilst guarding them. This will also lower the load in the tank aswell

Richy
    Participant

male is back in the community tank and there are some fry out zipping along the glass. They still have small yolk’s but will be gone soon. There’s some blanched lettuce in if they want it but don’t think they’re ready yet. Seems to be well over 40, maybe 50+ and so far so good this time round

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.