LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Albino Rainbows

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Albino Rainbows

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  mikev 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

mikev
    Participant

Here is something different:

(a better photo a bit later, this was taken when they just arrived and the male did not fully color up yet, he is better now:

)

The exact species is not clear, they are said to be G.pseudoincisus, but my suspicion is G.incisus…. we’ll see when they grow a bit more.

I wonder if you guys can figure out my problem with them, perhaps this has been seen with some other albino fish?

The problem is really low fry survival; in the month I had them I have one *possible* survivor out of 100 hatches or so; all other fry dies out, mostly in the interval of 7-10 days. I have never seen such a strange pattern: they eat, grow (almost doubling in size), and die. I’ve bred twenty or so rainbow species, and have never seen such a dieout pattern… either fry is stable, or the problems occur right after hatching.
    The females are very scarce (not being sold for the most part), so I know only of one other person who is trying to breed them, and working with two females he has two promising fries after 3 or 4 months of trying… this bad.

Any info on albino fry issues occurring in any species, per chance?

TIA!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.