LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Best Beginner fish for a non-heated 60L tank

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Best Beginner fish for a non-heated 60L tank

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

hidran121
    Participant

Just need some help picking fishies. Kuhli loaches look awesome, so I’m keeping an eye on them, and then maybe some Danios or perhaps tetras? I’m just not sure.

Nannostomus
    Participant

Corydoras panda are an option. Actually many corydoras do great in unheated tanks. Be sure to do your research as some corydoras get pretty big and some like warmer water.

I think tetras typically need warmer water. Danios would work if you pick a species that likes cool water and is very small (they’re very active and need quite large tanks compared to their size). Tanichthys species would work too.

Kuhli loaches might need warmer water too. I don’t really think of them as being cold water species.

What do you think the temperature of the unheated tank will be?

VandaBlue
    Participant

Hello @hidran121

You might go for Tanichthys albonubes, sp. ‘vietnam’and to a lesser extent micagemma. Not only a beautiful fish, Tanichthys is enough resilient to live in a pond.

If you like ‘barbs’ have a look to Pethia. Roughly each of them can fit your tank.

Keep in mind all these fishes are shoaling/schooling fishes that have to live in group of 8/10 at the most specimens and do best in species-tank. They need much plants including floating plants and driftwood roots or branches.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.