LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Betta livida from North Selangor

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Betta livida from North Selangor

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
  • Author

Stefan

QUOTE (hachge @ Apr 17 2011, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yes they look like the green Rutilans in the Aqualog,nice fish but I prefer the red one

I’m sure those are available in Europe as well, don’t know from whom from the top of my head though.

TorbenL

I found red rutilans in a shop not too long ago, the keeper told me they are not too difficult to find.
    I wasn’t interested due to lack of space and it isn’t long ago I bred them..and I just got 4 greenstriped from Norway.

hachge
    Participant

Well I have a lot of red Ruti and a few tiny of that green stripe morph so I have enough to play with.I have to concentrate on the Miniopina now

Stefan

Good luck with miniopinna Herve; let us know how you get on please.

Stefan

Tomorrow I’ll be picking up me livida pair

hachge
    Participant

I have 4 pairs swimming in a tank WF fish about 1inch most of them,but very colorful.

Stefan

WF?

I just collected the very handsome pair and have put them in their tank; they look and do fine. Have put some live glassworms in in case they decide to get hungry. Now I’ll let them settle.

Stefan

My male’s got only a clearly visible lateral blotch on the right side, whereas on the left side it’s only vaguely visible with a torch – not uncommon for blotch-wearing spp. I wonder if the one on its left side will develop to be stronger over time. He’s always been like this Paul? Either way; always interesting to see something you’ve read about and only seen photos of.

C.Way
    Participant

QUOTE (Stefan @ Apr 20 2011, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    My male’s got only a clearly visible lateral blotch on the right side, whereas on the left side it’s only vaguely visible with a torch – not uncommon for blotch-wearing spp. I wonder if the one on its left side will develop to be stronger over time. He’s always been like this Paul? Either way; always interesting to see something you’ve read about and only seen photos of.

so true, haha, to see it in real is better than reading or knowing of something /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Stefan

QUOTE (C.Way @ Apr 19 2011, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    so true, haha, to see it in real is better than reading or knowing of something /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Right as rain! I’m eager to find out what will happen

Paul J
    Participant

Guard them with your life Stefan – sweat, blood and tears to collect those fish!!!!!!!! lol

He had a blotch on both sides as i remember?? Maybe just stressed? They did travel back in Pascals car with Auke and the drunken girls!!!

Let me know how you get on and i’ll look up the location.

I also bought Miniopina – I will compare them with my wild Persephone and let you know.

Matt
    Keymaster

We moeten fotos heer van der Voort! /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />

Paul J
    Participant

Maybe because i have cancelled my subscription!!!!!!! ha ha

Yeah its been a bit hectic – i sometimes think i must be mad!!! 11 + hours to a youth hostel in the middle of a remote forest on the France / Germany border, 3 days of chatting about fish and drinking large amounts of beer then spending large amounts of money on fish, driving 11 hours back to unpack and house said fish!!

Stefan

QUOTE (Paul J @ Apr 19 2011, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Guard them with your life Stefan – sweat, blood and tears to collect those fish!!!!!!!! lol

He had a blotch on both sides as i remember?? Maybe just stressed? They did travel back in Pascals car with Auke and the drunken girls!!!

Let me know how you get on and i’ll look up the location.

I also bought Miniopina – I will compare them with my wild Persephone and let you know.

I’ve 2 MI6 agents posted near the tank and the fishroom door, motion detectors, pressure plates, trip-beams and a pack of vicious guard dogs roaming the apartment /blink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blink:” border=”0″ alt=”blink.gif” />

Yeah could be stress: let’s see what happens! The drunken girls…Julia and…C…can’t remember. Both nice girls.

Cheers for the upcoming comparison notes! Good luck with breeding!

QUOTE (Matt @ Apr 19 2011, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    We moeten fotos heer van der Voort! /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />

Zeur niet. Eerst de lokatie, en dan kan ik die op de foto’s zetten. LOL Don’t you use Google Translate Matt!

Matt
    Keymaster

Um, tomorrow night, then something about letting them settle in first? /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Paul did you bring anything other than Betta spp. back from Malaysia?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.