LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Betta livida from North Selangor

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Betta livida from North Selangor

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • Author

oaken
    Participant

QUOTE (Stefan @ Apr 21 2011, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I’m pretty sure we’re basically talking ruti and ruti ‘green’; that’s the populations there are. And I bet the latter will get its own name soon.

Either way, rutilans is known from two locations as far as I know: Mandor and Anjungan. On Google earth you can find a village called Tayan thats located right in between Mandor and Ajungan. So if this is where these fish were collected it would be a new locatin for rutilans.
    Some people find that the fish from Tayan har bigger than “normal” rutilans as well – although my rutilans are probably just as big. The colouration, like I said, is different though. And I wouldn’t mix these fish with other rutilans.

Nice pics of the livida btw.

Stefan

Thanks Oaken!

Remind me; you had the green version right? they should be from a different location, although I’ve heard ruti/Tayan before, just can’t quite place it. Years ago I was told someone collected both forms together somewhere?

oaken
    Participant

QUOTE (Stefan @ Apr 21 2011, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Thanks Oaken!

Remind me; you had the green version right? they should be from a different location, although I’ve heard ruti/Tayan before, just can’t quite place it. Years ago I was told someone collected both forms together somewhere?

No, I have the “normal” rutilans

Which reminds me that I have to setup a new tank for them so I can breed them again.

Stefan

Nice fish and excellent shot Oaken!! Good luck with their breeding!

C.Way
    Participant

having a chat with an experience breeder around, according to him, there are 4 localities of Livida, 2 north 2 south, will see if I have the chance to get my hand on them or not

Stefan

Stefan

I have every intention to spawn them and keep them spawning and keep the fish until they die from old age.

Will you go collecting yourself soon since you’re nearby a location?

C.Way
    Participant

I would love to, but I am not sure where the exact location is since none of those who knew the location are willing to share the exact location, been scouting with a good friend of mine, found a few potential site, but yet to have the time to go try out, worse thing happens when the friend of mine went busy with his work…

hopefully an expedition can be carried out in the near future

Stefan

I hope you’ll find it; that would be nice and maybe you can breed them then as well?

C.Way
    Participant

breeding is for sure if I manage to get my hand on them

Stefan

QUOTE (C.Way @ Apr 22 2011, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    breeding is for sure if I manage to get my hand on them /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Stefan

The female stopped swimming along the glass but the male isn’t giving up and is doing some minor damage to his eyes in the process. I hate it when they do that and the only solution is time. He takes breaks though and is eating well.

C.Way
    Participant

btw, off topic, any one heard of B. Rutilan sp Wajok?? I’ve got a reliable seller ofering me this sp

Stefan

QUOTE (C.Way @ Apr 24 2011, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    btw, off topic, any one heard of B. Rutilan sp Wajok?? I’ve got a reliable seller ofering me this sp

= rutilans ‘green’ if I’m not mistaking – really nice.

C.Way
    Participant

QUOTE (Stefan @ Apr 24 2011, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    = rutilans ‘green’ if I’m not mistaking – really nice.

But according to the source I have, he told me that Rutilan sp Wajok has no green/blue, but rather less red than the common one…still a mystery since no photos were showed

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.