LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Betta livida from North Selangor

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Betta livida from North Selangor

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)
  • Author

Stefan

QUOTE (C.Way @ Apr 24 2011, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    But according to the source I have, he told me that Rutilan sp Wajok has no green/blue, but rather less red than the common one…still a mystery since no photos were showed

If you can pursuade him to send you some photos I can take a look if you want? ‘Less red’ isn’t much of a clue at this point; the intensity varies per species/population/individual I’m afraid

oaken
    Participant

http://www.aquabid.com/uploads/fwbettas1303788614.jpg This is the only picture I’ve seen of “Wajok”.

Stefan

QUOTE (oaken @ Apr 25 2011, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    http://www.aquabid.com/uploads/fwbettas1303788614.jpg This is the only picture I’ve seen of “Wajok”.

Definitely looks like rutilans ‘green’ to me.

Colin
    Participant

rutilans “green” are still on import lists this week if you have shops near you that import fish from Singapore?

Stefan

The liv male built a small nest tonight… So close Paul…so close…

Stefan

pH 4,25, dGH 3, KH 2 – The male’s trying to get a female (the big colourful female) in the tube with him…I can’t wait!

Stefan

Meet the entire family! I have moved the 3rd (last pic) female in as well so now all 4 are together. Let’s see what happens.

(Edit: Removed the 4th photo)

Attached files

Stefan

New theory: The 4th pic shows a tussyae male… I’m not telling why yet until I have more opinions in…

Matt
    Keymaster

Got to say as I scrolled down my immediate thought was that the last fish is different. No better explanation than that the shape of the fins is very ‘male’.

Stefan

QUOTE (Matt @ May 6 2011, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Got to say as I scrolled down my immediate thought was that the last fish is different. No better explanation than that the shape of the fins is very ‘male’.

Matt
    Keymaster

Of course, and thanks!

Stefan

You’re welcome, no problem. As to fish IV: Its pelvic tips may appear black on the photo; but they are in fact white/blue with only a bit of black (which is normal; e.g. all 3 liv show it as well and it’s just a matter of how the flash hits them).

Stefan

I have made up my mind: it’s a tussyae male. I’ve placed it back in another tank before it rips my liv apart. Now all I have to do is find where it was collected… Senor Jordan?

Paul J
    Participant

We collected Tussyae from Ibok Terengganu but also from Rompin – quite some distance away from Ibok.

I have a pair from Ibok and a single female from Rompin. The one you have must have been mis-labeled at DMA’s house – i will ask him which type he kept? But he is in Spain at the moment so it will have to wait.

I will look through our photos and try to get an idea from them?

I am now hoping it is from Rompin – then we could have a pair from both locations

Stefan

If you can make me 3 excellent pics of all the specimens showing their best colouration I’m pretty sure I can tell you to which population it belongs. I’d say Rompin because it looks different from my previous Terengganu population.

So Dave might have the 3rd liv female still at his place?

You want the tussyae back? Because I don’t see a long distance relationship working here

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.