LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Bit of a rant…

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Bit of a rant…

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

I reckon if you’re keeping any kind of fish in order to fuel your ego or put you on a higher position in a social group it’s time to ask yourself some questions. Except danios of course…

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Oct 2 2008, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I reckon if you’re keeping any kind of fish in order to fuel your ego or put you on a higher position in a social group it’s time to ask yourself some questions. Except danios of course… /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Eyrie
    Participant

QUOTE (Malti @ Oct 2 2008, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    questions like…where should I put the great white tank?

Jarcave
    Participant

QUOTE (Malti @ Oct 2 2008, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” />

Jarcave
    Participant

I can see the attraction with tankbusters. Many are great looking beasts. I’d love an asian arrowana, RTC and tigrinnus, but I know realistically I could never provide the home they truly deserve. Only an undersized tank that keeps them alive affording no quality of life.

People who need to keep something to brag about definately have “issues”. Such is life…..

I still reckon a realistic biotope where lots of attention to detail has been paid, resulting in difficult species to breed reproducing is a far more enviable set up than any tankbuster aquarium though.

Just my two penneth.

Reva
    Participant

/angry.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:angry:” border=”0″ alt=”angry.gif” />

looked up the snakehead…says they eat Everything, and can crawl on land

dunc
    Keymaster

I’m currently in a “boat” which I’m not too happy about.

I personally think that Oscars and other 10″+ cichlids [or other fish for that matter..] should only be kept in huge tanks.. like massive. This is purely because I wonder how happy they can be when they’re kept alone or with few other fish, with no decor. For a start it’s not exactly aesthetically appealing, but it’s just not.. “right”. It isn’t how they’d live in the wild…

I’m now pretty much in that situation with my Satanopercoids /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” />

thelizzious

QUOTE (Mad Duff @ Oct 2 2008, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I have to admit I got sick of the amount of people that told me I was stupid when I said I was getting my 7ft tank and told them I would be keeping Loaches, Barbs and Rasboras in it. They would look at me like I was dumb and say what about aro’s or rays or big fish but I like lots of smaller fish and lots of variety and movement.

A few of them have changed their minds now they have seen the tank but quite a few still say its a waste of a big tank.

In my time I have kept pretty much everything at some point, Ive done the rifts, livebearers, rainbows, characins, corydoras and discus etc but always came back to loaches and rasboras so for me you will always get more pleasure out the fish you like best rather than the fish others say you should like.

I am just one year into fish and aquaria but I can already say that I fully agree with you. It’s okay to wander and wonder, but usually you come home to the ones you love the best.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.