LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Blood Parrot Cichlids

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Blood Parrot Cichlids

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

dunc
    Keymaster

QUOTE (Reva @ Jul 18 2008, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Sorry Duncan /wacko.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wacko:” border=”0″ alt=”wacko.gif” />

/biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

Reva
    Participant

QUOTE (dunc @ Jul 20 2008, 06:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

I take it that in the UK a Cracker is like a Corker and it’s a compliment? /ph34r.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:ph34r:” border=”0″ alt=”ph34r.gif” />

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Reva @ Jul 22 2008, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I take it that in the UK a Cracker is like a Corker and it’s a compliment? /ph34r.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:ph34r:” border=”0″ alt=”ph34r.gif” />

here cracker is something to eat with cheese…and loadza beer…so u could be an appetizer

dunc
    Keymaster

A cracker is a “loony” ;x

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (dunc @ Jul 22 2008, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    A cracker is a “loony” ;x

I can already imagine the chopping up…

Reva
    Participant

*slow sound of sharpening stops* /wub.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wub:” border=”0″ alt=”wub.gif” /> that I kinda forget what a cracker is

and staying on Topic (oh mighty webmasters) /unsure.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:unsure:” border=”0″ alt=”unsure.gif” />

Malti
    Participant

serious? me? Pmsl…more of a nutcase than serious…

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey Riva

As mentioned previously the largest Parrots in the U.K. are the ‘King Kong’ variant. They are like normal Red Parrots on steroids.

Regards David

Matt
    Keymaster

Nice David but what size do they actually get to? /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Reva
    Participant

QUOTE (David Marshall @ Jul 22 2008, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hey Riva

As mentioned previously the largest Parrots in the U.K. are the ‘King Kong’ variant. They are like normal Red Parrots on steroids.

Regards David

King Kong Variant??? wowie, that’s one size under Godzilla Variant /blink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blink:” border=”0″ alt=”blink.gif” />

have to check temp, but like I said, easy keepers

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jul 23 2008, 05:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Nice David but what size do they actually get to? /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” /> /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey

All I can go by are the ‘King Kong’ Parrots seen, a couple of times, at Brigg Garden Centre in Lincolnshire and at a retail outlet near Hull. They are at least 3 to 4″ longer, and have a much thicker body girth, than any other Parrots I have seen. To sum up they are massive.

Regards David

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey Reva

Another Parrot form for your list? I had an e-mail from a friend, who has followed this thread, reminding me that there are areas in the World in which Aquarists’ can have their names branded onto the skin of Parrots (as also happens with xanthic Giant Gourami). Now before the replies of ‘shame on you’ start pouring onto SF I don’t agree with this practice but this ‘service’ is, sadly, available within the hobby.

Regards David

Matt
    Keymaster

No shame on you or your mate at all David but I do find the practice deplorable in the extreme…

Attached files

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jul 24 2008, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    No shame on you or your mate at all David but I do find the practice deplorable in the extreme…
    Author
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.