LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Botia Histrionica Variants

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Botia Histrionica Variants

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  andy rushworth 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

These are the 3 histrionica variations that I have:

Normal:

Ataran:

Salween:

All of these fish are around the same size as each other so possibly same age as well.

Closeup of Normal:

Matt
    Keymaster

Ooh the Ataran one is nice and seems to fit the diagnosis in TDO’s paper! For me the first two both correspond to Ayeyarwady/Irrawaddy fish and look of different ages based on the caudal fin patterning. *scratches chin*

Plaamoo
    Participant

Exceptional Mark! I also LOVE the ataran!

Matt
    Keymaster

I looked at the captions wrong – pic 3 looks most like the Ataran form as it’s supposed to be the closest to kubotai in appearance. What do you guys think?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

The fish in pic 2 was confirmed when shipped as having come from Ataran River, I got all 4 fish that arrived at a certain store so can trust the info given about capture location.

Matt
    Keymaster

Hmm I’m confused then. Everything about it matches the description of the Ayeyarwady form in TDO’s paper… More info on the different forms in the notes section of the profile.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I will go along with what TDO says Matt, I have to admit that Neil did originally say that the third fish was ataran but it didnt look like the other ataran fish that he had in or that I had so he said that it must be Salween, so going by what TDO says that would probably be right.

Matt
    Keymaster

TDO says the second fish could be Ataran so will change the label now since that’s what it came in as.

andy rushworth
    Participant

Ahh wonderful pics Mark

Author
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.