LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Botia Striata

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Botia Striata

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Duffill 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

A few Botia striata pics:

dunc
    Keymaster

Incredibly attractive fish. How active are they Mark? All the loaches I see in the shops tend to be pretty boring but I’d imagine that’s the conditions they’re kept in?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

The striata are fairly active and inquisitive, it sounds daft to say but the more hiding places they have the more you will probably see them.

I have just rescaped one of my tanks with cobble piles and caves the full length of the tank and the loaches are out pretty much all of the time and I have sat and watched loaches in the last 2 days that I have only had glimpses of for the last few months.

I have just replaced all of my lights with Classica FX natural tubes and this seems to have had a favourable reaction from the fish also.

dunc
    Keymaster

QUOTE (Mad Duff @ May 8 2009, 11:56 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The striata are fairly active and inquisitive, it sounds daft to say but the more hiding places they have the more you will probably see them.

Nah not daft at all m8 – same with a lot of fish, especially the smaller cichlids. If they feel safe, they’ll be generally happier < {POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have just replaced all of my lights with Classica FX natural tubes and this seems to have had a favourable reaction from the fish also.

Aye I did wonder about my lighting in some tanks. Some fish seem to prefer it dark..

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I think I have weird loaches because all of mine seem to prefer brighter light, mind you with the levels of flow that I have its probably safer for them to keep swimming

Author
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.