LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Brevibora Cheeya, A New Species Of Cyprinid Fish From Malay Peninsula And Sumatra

Home Forums Ichthyology Brevibora Cheeya, A New Species Of Cyprinid Fish From Malay Peninsula And Sumatra

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Stefan

RBZ 59(1): 1–115. 28 February 2011

http://rmbr.nus.edu.sg/rbz/biblio/59/59rbz077-082.pdf

Matt
    Keymaster

Thanks Stefan.

Matt
    Keymaster

Oh man didn’t put two and two together with the genus name – so these new names are still being used. Also, I wonder if this is the fish we have listed as Rasbora macrophthalma (which the paper says is a synonym of R. dorsiocellata)?

Stefan

QUOTE (Matt @ Feb 28 2011, 05:03 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Oh man didn’t put two and two together with the genus name – so these new names are still being used. Also, I wonder if this is the fish we have listed as Rasbora macrophthalma (which the paper says is a synonym of R. dorsiocellata)?

“Still being used?” Which names…?

Matt
    Keymaster

Well in this case Brevibora which was erected in 2009 to include only the former Rasbora dorsiocellata. At least now there are two species.

Stefan

I thought you might’ve meant that, but needed to be sure. Thanks.

Matt
    Keymaster

Now we’ve just got to decide what to list it as in the KB…Rasbora cheeya anyone?

The.Dark.One

I think if you are going to use Trigonostigma and Boraras then you should adopt Brevibora.

Matt
    Keymaster

Yeah I agree. Will have to wait for the weekend to make the changes (again!).

Matt
    Keymaster
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.