LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Channa Bleheri Pics

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Channa Bleheri Pics

This topic contains 48 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 11 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author

David Marshall
    Participant

Point taken dunc

Yes should have put it differently. As you will realise Aquarium Gazette e-mail address can be picked-up from a number of websites. Sender was not someone known to me, or in my address book etc. so will leave things at this point.

Regards David

Matt
    Keymaster

David you’re right about pulchra for sure. I’ve read similar reports. My posts above referred only to the species we were discussing initially. Great discussion this.

Matt
    Keymaster

It seems that pulchra were the first species of Channa to have been observed spawning in a cave though…so everyone’s a winner!

mickthefish
    Participant

here’s a couple of pics of it now it’s had decent food down it, i can understand how you feel about them Matt, they seem to have a lot of personallity about them for sure.
    they have another Channa in at that shop but it’s one of the beasts, you can tell when you look at his face ( come near me and i’ll bite yer kind of face mate).
    back to the discussion now.

thanks
    mick

Matt
    Keymaster

Mick the behaviour between bonded pairs is just wonderful to watch mate. They spend pretty much all their time together and actually caress each other with their fins and nasal appendages. It’s difficult to describe until you see it.

Ps – that’s such a clean specimen. Is it a tank-bred do you know?

mickthefish
    Participant

don’t know bud but can ask as the importer owns the shop, will have to get back to you on that bud.
    it won’t be long before i can start setting my tanks up again then i’ll get the other five and wait for a pair to bond.
    looking foreward to it.

mick

David Marshall
    Participant

Matt

I am not a winner as I could have let, without thinking (blame the flu), someone not involved with the forum cause mischief – and Mick does enough of that as it is. Won’t do that again, or get Dunc annoyed. Anyway fate has let us add the pulchra info. to the ‘pool of SF Channa knowledge’.

Mick

Nice photographs. Cheered me up as I feel so miserable, at least flu does not last. Will cheer myself up with some of those Red torpedo x Clown barbs, when they arrive locally. ha ha ha.

Regards David

mickthefish
    Participant

i’d have thought they were top of your wish list matey.

ndc
    Participant

a lot of fish in nature display different habits in an aquarium – even wild caught ones – ive currently got 1 guianacara hiding in a filter and i cant get the b*gg*r out – bet that doesnt happen in the wild !! – even with the pulchra they will happily breed out of a cave – so everyones a winner

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

Hi Mick,

Nice shot!!! /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” /> .

mickthefish
    Participant

thanks Haji, these fish are far easier to take a pic of than your Betta’s.

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

Here’s my old pair of sp. “Assam” with fry.

Attached files

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

Beautiful collection

Matt
    Keymaster

I only got 11 Haji but the pair were in a tank with 4 other Channa when they spawned so I suspect some of them got eaten before I rescued them.

mickthefish
    Participant

very nice fish Matt, i went to the same shop today, they have another species in the discription is as follows, size, largest approx 3 inches SL, going from the head backwards 2 bars on the gill plate, dorsal finely spotted along the lateral and below irregular bars 5 in number, anal fin was held against body so ? caudal finely barred.
    oh forgot pectorals had 2 bars.eyes dark poss deep red
    any idea what the sp are lads, trade name barred channa.

mick

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.