LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Corydoras eques?

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Corydoras eques?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

ender2811
    Participant

I agree. That would be useful info. And not just corys. Apart from an extensive database the next best thing is probably making a thread here: will X hybridize with Y? Seems there is a lot of members with loads of experience in keeping and breeding corys on here.
    I’m in the process of stocking my tank and I’m having difficulty finding out which species of tetra would be OK with each other in that regard. With corys it’s even tougher since most of them are in the same genus.

Graham Ramsay
    Participant

It wouldn’t surprise me to see a C. panda x C. metae cross. Both these species are known to hybridise fairly easily and I’ve peronally seen C. metae x C. axelrodi. You always run the risk when keeping corys together. They don’t even have to be similar in looks. See here for a panda x paleatus cross.

http://anneliese-g.deviantart.com/art/Hybr…2881?q=&qo=

mikev
    Participant

Very interesting photo…thanks…

I would not bet my life on this, of course, but I’ve been told that metae X panda does not happen before putting them together, and no hybrid came out from the tank where I have both spawning most of the time. I even have a metae male that always tries to spawn with pandas… still nothing.

Graham Ramsay
    Participant

Fry at 4 weeks old:

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Finally added a profile for this species. Is there a definitive way to tell it apart from the Peruvian fish?

mikev
    Participant

I’m fairly sure I saw a discussion somewhere recently, most likely in the Corydoras Land facebook group…

Matt
    Keymaster

Ok thanks Mike.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.