LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Corydoras Sp C113

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Corydoras Sp C113

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

pablito
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jul 11 2008, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Having seen those in the flesh I can say they are a stunning species. If it ever gets described it should turn out to be a Scleromystax right Paul? The finnage on the dominant male in the tank is something else….

They are undoubtedly related to Sceleromystax, but as I have found it may take years for taxonomy to be detailed.

As Mick le fish has said they are different to the ones that are being bred in Yorkshire at the moment. Only taxonomy can definitively separate them.

Richy
    Participant

Been looking on planet catfish and i love them even more if it’s the same fish
    PC

Do you have more info on them, as in full size, tank height (important when choosing cory’s), how much are they and do you deliver?
    A friend of mine might be interested aswell as he’s after Barbatus but i’m sure he’d love these.
    I don’t like the idea of posting fish but if you have the right facilities to do so then I might be able to help you offload some /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Eyrie
    Participant

QUOTE (mickthefish @ Jul 12 2008, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Eyrie, it’s bolton not wigan mate,

Cheers Mick

dunc
    Keymaster

£50 of petrol to go from Newcastle to Bolton, to Wigan, to Preston then back to Newcastle. Probably more like £30 straight to Bolton and back. That’s at 36mpg average.

Eyrie
    Participant

Maybe Richy’s Ferrari isn’t that fuel efficient though?

Richy
    Participant

QUOTE (dunc @ Jul 13 2008, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    £50 of petrol to go from Newcastle to Bolton, to Wigan, to Preston then back to Newcastle. Probably more like £30 straight to Bolton and back. That’s at 36mpg average.

I’ll leave my car on yellow fuel light, you stick £30 petrol in and see how far you get on this journey, you won’t get home on £30 without a towtruck or refueling!!!

Matt
    Keymaster

QUOTE (Daspricey @ Jul 11 2008, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I’ve only heard of one other spawning (At Bolton aquarium).

I believe these are the fish you’re talking about David.

Daspricey
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jul 14 2008, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I believe these are the fish you’re talking about David. /blush.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blush:” border=”0″ alt=”blush.gif” /> /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Eyrie
    Participant

It’s my fault for mentioning Wigan, David

The.Dark.One

A friend of mine breeds these. I think he was the first to do so, certainly in the UK if not the world?

Let me know if you are interested and I will put you in touch with him. He is based in Boston Spa.

pablito
    Participant

QUOTE (The.Dark.One @ Jul 16 2008, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    A friend of mine breeds these. I think he was the first to do so, certainly in the UK if not the world?

Let me know if you are interested and I will put you in touch with him. He is based in Boston Spa.

I hate to contradict, but the info you have posted is incorrect but only by a short period. In addition to which the fish that Mark has are different in their colouration (see a previous post in this thread).

mickthefish
    Participant

it’s not often your wrong Steve, but this time you are Paul Dixon was the first.
    i remeber Mark buying his from pier aquatics, he could’nt get there so one of his family picked them up from Neil.
    and as Paul has said his are slightly different to Marks but could be a location difference in the colouration and pattern.

mick

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.