LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Crossocheilus Nigriloba

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Crossocheilus Nigriloba

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

A few pics of my Crossocheilus nigriloba

ulster exile

Lovely looking fish, although to the untrained eye it looks like a crossocheilus siamensis (well it does to me!)

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Yeah very similar to C. siamensis, the main difference is the black line that enters the tail and goes into the bottom lobe of the tail and the yellow/red colouration in the lower lobe of the tail. When they are having their little sparring sessions the black bar in the bottom lobe of the tail shows more (like penguin tetra) and the black line along the body disappears and leaves 4 or 5 black spots

ulster exile

Thank you for the additional info – very interesting (and I won’t deny I just had a gander at my surviving adult to see the differences for myself). Your photographs also coincidentally show another feature of the crossocheilus sp I had wondered about – that particular gold/rust colouration from the nose of the fish which runs along the very top of the body to the tail. I’d wondered about it when I saw it on mine but hadn’t seen reference to it before, but your crossocheilus have it too.

Matt
    Keymaster

Lovely pics Mark.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I have only had siamensis and nigriloba so far Matt and both of those do, the siamensis just seem to gray out similar to loaches but the transformation in the nigriloba is quite drastic.

I am hoping to pick up some retics soon so if they do I will let you know

Author
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.