LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Danio nigrofasciatus – Dwarf Spotted Danio

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Danio nigrofasciatus – Dwarf Spotted Danio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ste12000

Today ive spawned a old favourite, i last bred these around 6 years ago and was delighted to see them again a couple of months ago at a shop in Nottingham. I snapped up a group of 8 and they have been in the fishroom since. Yesterday i placed all 8 fish in a freshly prepared breeding tank and this morning at 8.30am they were just getting started, i had a very pleasant hour with a cup of tea, toast and my camera and just enjoyed these fish doing their thing!!

Not the hardest fish to spawn! infact they are very easy but that does not distract from any enjoyment gained from them!!

andy rushworth
    Participant

AAh lovely fish Ste , I kept these a few years back ,in fact they had just returned to the hobby after a long period of time , I also had half a dozen in an 18x12x12 tank with a clump of Java Moss ,ended up with about 70 fish including the adults which I never moved on !

I waited years to pick D .nigrofasciatus up ,most of the books depicted them as common but they were rare until the Burmese shipments a few years ago !

Matt
    Keymaster

Ste I’d like to add these pic to the species profile if ok with you?

ste12000

QUOTE (Matt @ Dec 15 2011, 08:43 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Ste I’m going to add these pic to the species profile if ok with you?

No problem at all Matt, your welcome to use the pics..

Matt
    Keymaster

Cheers Ste, will try to get it done this afternoon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.