LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Dealing with Mycobacterium marinum – in need of advice/help

Home Forums Feedback, Suggestions and Support Dealing with Mycobacterium marinum – in need of advice/help

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Gracelynne
    Participant

Hi everyone…. I’m going to keep the how this happened and such brief.

I have a tank with 15 Neon tetras, 5 otocinclus, 1 Laetacara curviceps. I had a neon tetra develop what looked like mouth rot and another like fin rot a while ago (I believe this was September) so of course I treated what I thought it was. It didn’t go away. Come to find out a few months later, my fish have mycobacterium marinum.

Im looking for advice on how to proceed. I’ve done a lot of research and have a general

idea of what to do with the areas around my tank that may become infected by water spilling or splashing and how to protect myself…. but my questions are more to

do with the aquarium itself and how best to proceed if I want to use it for fish keeping again. I’ve seen everything from just euthanize infected fish to drain the tank, toss the wood and rock (and one some cases, plants) and completely sanitize it. I’m willing to do what is necessary at this point…. but I want to know if I need to completely sanitize the tank in order to protect my fish or if their is an alternative.

I have also read that a UV sterilizer can help but don’t know much about this…

any good resources, advice or experiences you h e had is much appreciated.

thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.