LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Decent Fishkeeping Books

Home Forums The Lounge Decent Fishkeeping Books

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

ndc
    Participant

you wont be dissapointed

dunc
    Keymaster

Indeed.. it arrived today. 680 pages of quality. Bleher puts forward his ideas for the Symphysodon genus, suggesting three species rather than one. He discusses the water parameters for each species and the various dietary requirements.. all supplemented by loads of general Amazonia information, even about the human tribes there. Literally hundreds of pictures including Satanoperca leucosticta, S. acuticeps and an undescribed species of Satanoperca which looks like a cross between S. acuticeps and S. jurupari.

ndc
    Participant

glad it came quick for you – i had to chase mine up with them – excellant book

dunc
    Keymaster

Wasn’t quite next day as it said

goldfish
    Participant

yep its called the tropical aquarium by GINA SANDFORD.loads of info /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />

ndc
    Participant

have you read it yet dunc? the history section is good (and more than a bit pro german) and also the section that goes into detail of each river system is excellant – i also like the way heiko talks himself up – i know hes one of the best in the world at what he does but he doesnt half like to say so ! also theres certain people in the hobby he really has a grudge against – ie axelrod which is quite amusing too when he talks about ‘certain fish being ‘discovered’ by people who havent even been to the fishes natural habitat’ – this is about axelrod and the tetra named after him. this is the other thing i liked so much about the book , as well as all the great pictures and info theres certain undercurrants to the book which make it more readable – its written more like a travel journal based around discus than just giving facts and figures like mose books, if any one hasnt got this book they should definately get a copy

dunc
    Keymaster

Haha yes already sensing the Axelrod tension…

Matt
    Keymaster

You´ll have to give me a lend at some point mate sounds really interesting.

dunc
    Keymaster

It’d probably cost the same amount to ship it as it does to buy it /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” /> It’s all glossy pages and soo many pictures. I’ll send it over when I’ve had a read Mr Ford.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.