LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Etheostoma: Is Anyone Keeping Them?

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Etheostoma: Is Anyone Keeping Them?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Stefan

Ruinemans no longer has them available. Until next time?

pablito
    Participant

Don’t know of anyone breeding any of these sp. in the UK but they have been coming into Wholesale Trops from Ruinemanns therefore we’ve no need to come to the Netherlands just yet. However it’s been a long time since I’ve been to Ruinemanns so I might try and put a gig together. It’s far too expensive nowadays to drive there on your own. Difficult to justify cost wise without sharing.

Stefan

But Wholesale Trops doesn’t have me in it

pablito
    Participant

So Pablito you’ve kept them; can you tell us soething about to keep them (sort of tank, size, wtaer, temps, decoration, tank mates, how big the species you had grew, etc.)?
    [/quote]

Have kept caeruleum only however my memory is not what it was so I’ll have to check my old logs at home to refresh it.

Stefan

That’d be wonderful, if you could do that!

Thomas
    Participant

You are right Matt, that were the species, I think. A Member in a german forum has a pair of E. edwini. I don’t know wherefrom.

Cheers
    Thomas

Stefan

QUOTE (Thomas @ Apr 21 2011, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You are right Matt, that were the species, I think. A Member in a german forum has a pair of E. edwini. I don’t know wherefrom.

Cheers
    Thomas

Would it be possible to see some tank setup photos from him or the member here who’s got the 3 arforementioned species? Etheostoma edwini looks nice as well; he never said how he got them?

mikev
    Participant

I have a few…. nice fish, somewhat similar to small rhinogobius…. I do like R.Wui’s better….

Stefan

QUOTE (mikev @ Apr 21 2011, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I have a few…. nice fish, somewhat similar to small rhinogobius…. I do like R.Wui’s better….

Which species do you have and how big are they?

torso
    Participant

e. caeruleum next door
    http://freshwater-and-brackish-water-fishes.ch/forum/showthread.php?t=…ight=etheostoma
    I’ll try it for you, Matt. would that make it worth to pass by? or do you want them by plane? rolleyes.gif

mikev
    Participant

QUOTE (Stefan @ Apr 21 2011, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Which species do you have and how big are they?

E.careulum and E.spectabile, size is very similar to R.Wui’s (2″ male, 1.25-1.5″ female).

To my shame I never found the time to breed them.

Plaamoo
    Participant

Have any puics Mike?
    To my shame, I know very little about our native fish. I used to see this on aquabid ocassionally, that crazy guy whose name escapes me?

mikev
    Participant

Will have to clean out BGA for photos… or find old ones… may take some time, sorry, I’m trying to photo the loach eggs and cannot get them in focus…

Stefan

You are very lucky to have them Mikev

Matt
    Keymaster

QUOTE (torso @ Apr 21 2011, 10:59 PM)
    e. caeruleum next door
    http://freshwater-and-brackish-water-fishes.ch/forum/showthread.php?t=…ight=etheostoma
    I’ll try it for you, Matt. would that make it worth to pass by? or do you want them by plane? rolleyes.gif

Can’t see the photo without joining that forum Charles…

Need to think about the rest. Will let you know, and thanks a lot for the offer. smile.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.