LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

First Fishies And Tank

Home Forums My Aquarium First Fishies And Tank

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Guys try to reduce the water flow as much as possible and add a load of plants that will either grow to the surface or are floating. After that we’ll see what you have. I suspect hybrids…

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jul 23 2008, 06:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Guys try to reduce the water flow as much as possible and add a load of plants that will either grow to the surface or are floating. After that we’ll see what you have. I suspect hybrids…

Malti
    Participant

and yes I think that one is the male…

btw if you know someone who has a male, just throw them in with him, and see their reaction ie flaring etc…

an aggresive female would flare abit, but usually retreats, males will not retreat unless they’re traumatized before (I had this poor guy who was beaten up by couple of females, took him 2 weeks to start flaring again) – and don’t worry, they don’t just start fighting, usually its lots of flaring + some tail hitting, so unless you keep them for hours no real damage will be done

dunc
    Keymaster

Few more pictures…

Attached files

ulster exile

Those are great looking fish! I like the arc tank – it is so stylish.

I can send you some salvinia natans from my big tank if you need some floating plants – it grows pretty fast, even in lower light. Cold also have some hygrophilia cuttings as it’s that time again. I would offer you other plants from my low light little tank but there are pest snails in there as well as the MTS (big tank doesn’t have pest snails that I know of).

Richy
    Participant

my male CT loves lying about in the cabomba

Matt
    Keymaster

Gotta say Dunc, the fish are definitely nice and clean and you’re getting better with that camera!

keith565
    Participant

great looking fish.
    i do also think there is at least one male in there. this type of short fin betta is increasingly bing sent to the shops as female vt’s/ it’s only when they start to mature the problem start.
    they should be ok for a while, but most betta lovers will agree males should never be kept with females unless they are being spawned. saying that, if these are siblings and have been kept together since hatching, you might just get away with leaving them together.
    i would also reduce the spray bar as bettas do not like fast moving water, it will eventually stress them out. try turning the bar so it sprays against the back glass, this will reduce it’s effect.
    hope everything goes well with them.

dunc
    Keymaster

Cheers guys

Malti
    Participant

how are these beauties doing?

just wanted to share my Alpha Female…she’s a HalfMoon, which I bred to my CrownTail, got 15 fry atm

more pics on here

btw, we have a specialized betta forum on World Of Bettas – anyone wants to join you’re welcome (hope you guys don’t mind…if its a prob just remove the link)

Matt
    Keymaster

Not something we generally like to do Karlos but I was talking about a link exchange of some kind with Niko ages ago and just never got round to it so no worries.

Malti
    Participant

I knew you were talking to Niko…I’m a mod there

Matt
    Keymaster

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jul 31 2008, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dunc
    Keymaster

Well, after watching them for a couple of hours yesterday, it has become fairly clear that the fish below is a male.

He has constructed a bubble nest.. and is now chasing the other fish around, trying to entice them towards it. He’s flaring regularly, gills out, fins displayed.. and I must say he’s absolutely stunning. Wish I had my camera there.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.