LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

First Tank

Home Forums My Aquarium First Tank

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ender2811 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

ender2811
    Participant

Hey guys, wanted to share some pictures of my very first tank. It’s still a work in progress though. Lots of stuff missing from it still. And also taking the chance to get some practice with this uploading and compressing and cutting and pasting stuff

Some shots of the exotic and due to its scarceness almost mythical Corydoras paleatus

Now this fish I bought as a Zebra danio but I’m pretty sure its not, so if anyone could properly ID it for me that would be great. These are the best pics I could get, its a fast little ****. Not sure if its visible enough on the pics but it has barbels.

Thats it. Will post more when I get more livestock in there.
    And also a BIG TY to the members here, you’ve been of great help. Except for Bluedave. That guy is the worst. No help whatsoever

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Yeah Dave’s rubbish. /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Your Danio is D. kyathit I think.

ender2811
    Participant

It might well be. I looked through the KB, and kyathit and meghalayensis seemed like the only ones that matched the coloration. Will probably know for sure if it continues growing. Its at 4 cm now so if it is kyathit that should be that.

Matt
    Keymaster

Don’t think it’s D. meghalayensis because the P-stripes extend to the end of the caudal fin rays.

ender2811
    Participant

Yep, I’m sure you’re right. The mouth also seems to have the slight ”upturn” unlike meghalayensis where it’s more in line.
    Do you know maybe if it’s a farmed species mostly or wild caught? Cause my water is a bit hard for it if it is wild caught.
    This was the only one at the shop so I won’t be able to get more. Do you think it would shoal with zebras???

Matt
    Keymaster

Wouldn’t worry too much about the danios in terms of water provided it’s clean. The corys look in need of more pressing attention but noticed your other thread so you’re obviously on it.

Bluedave
    Participant

you need more plants!

ender2811
    Participant

Yep, will add more but I’m waiting until I can put the wood in. I’m curing it, is that the right term?
    Some Anubias, and some foreground plants but I don’t want to put them in and then have to take them out.

This is the plant.

Attached files

Bluedave
    Participant

looks like Hygrophilia Corymbosa or a variant of?

ender2811
    Participant

Yea, that should be it. Siamensis I think. Wasn’t sure cos of the brown stems.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.