LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Fishkeepers/aquariums Needed For Photography Project

Home Forums The Lounge Fishkeepers/aquariums Needed For Photography Project

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello, I’m a photographer based in Greater Manchester.

I am currently embarking on a new documentary photography project about aquarists and home aquariums. I am looking for people in Greater Manchester who would be willing to allow their aquarium to be photographed for the project. I’m interested in the social aspect of keeping fish so I’m looking for home aquariums of all sizes and also to photograph the owners of the aquariums (although there is no obligation for the latter if you wouldn’t be comfortable being photographed). Anonymity will also be fully respected at all times if requested.

I will be doing this project throughout November so if you’re interested, know someone else who might be, or would like any further information please contact me by email at [email protected]

If you’d like to know more about me then you can access my website at http://www.paulczyzyk.co.uk

Thanks

Paul

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Its a shame that you are only looking at the Manchester area

Colin
    Participant

Hi, what is the “project” ?

cheers

Matt
    Keymaster

QUOTE (Colin @ Oct 31 2010, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi, what is the “project” ?

cheers

Good question…

keith565
    Participant

some cracking pictures on your website. i’d also like to know more about the project.

Hi, thanks for the replies and sorry I haven’t been back sooner (the forum was being migrated, my excuse!).

I’m currently doing a photography degree and the subject at the moment is documentary photography. The project I’m doing is essentially taking straightforward photographs of home aquariums. It’s to look at the social aspect of keeping fish and how this fits into people’s way of life and the home environment etc. It’s interesting for me to see how people arrange their environment around this mini environment of the aquarium and also how people individualize their tanks and so on. Any types of tank or aquarium are needed, the contrast between big and smaller ones would be particularly interesting.

I can give you a few examples of the aquariums I’ve done so far.

Even the empty ones are fascinating!

I’m still working on the project so if anyone can help please get in touch at the email in the first post. Thanks.

Paul.

dunc
    Keymaster

Fascinating project m8

Author
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.