LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Freshwater Stingray Fans!

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Freshwater Stingray Fans!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Stinger

QUOTE (Matt @ Jan 8 2009, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Wow, is that a P14?

nope, its a P12 potamotrygon henlei.

and this is my new ray

Plesiotrygon iwamae P15

Matt
    Keymaster

Wow stunning animal stinger.

ndc
    Participant

think he did get 1 in , or it may have been a slightly different species of antennae ray? very nice but really had to be kept pretty much on its own incase anything bit its tail off!

Stinger

thanks matt, i’ve got this antenna from peru, i ordered 2 antenna and 2 china ray, but only this one survived.

until now the antena just eat 4-5 ghost shrimp a day, but its getting better

ndc
    Participant

do you know what the nitrates are in the tanks? also the temp and how much oxygen you have going into them?

Stinger

hmm i dont know the nitrate, oxygen, amoniac, etc2… but the other doing well, eat much, matting, etc2..

1st case,
    when the pups born, i move them to the new tank, thats because the water become like milk since 2 of the pups born death.
    http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q143/de…uy/Image031.jpg
    and since that, all of them wont eat at all.. and die one by one..

2nd case,
    i found 2 pups in the pond, but one injured so bad, so, i put a container in the tank and put them inside (i’ve read in other forum to dont move the pups less then 4 hours from the water, and i think this was the cause for 1st case) and the next day i put them into a new tank without get them out from the water.
    but they wont eat either…

before this 2 case i’ve got no trouble at all… all my pups was healthy..

maybe the nitrate/amoniac in the pond? or maybe cause they were attacked?

now 4 of my motoros is pregnant, im planning to move all my male motoros to other place, so the new born pups will not attack by the males.. i hope this will work..

ndc
    Participant

if you can id check the nitrate as the newly imported rays wont eat if its too high. they also need a lot of oxygen / lack of this will also put them off eating.

Stinger

QUOTE (ndc @ Mar 11 2009, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    if you can id check the nitrate as the newly imported rays wont eat if its too high. they also need a lot of oxygen / lack of this will also put them off eating.

okay, i’ll check them as soon as possible, thanks for the advice

Author
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.