LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Geophagus neambi Lucinda, Lucena Assis 2010

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Geophagus neambi Lucinda, Lucena Assis 2010

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Stefan 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

I’ve been updating the Geophagus species profiles recently and having read a paper published last year (in which G. sveni was also described) developed a sneaking suspicion that the fish traded in the hobby as G. sp. aff. altifrons ‘rio Tocantins’ is actually G. neambi.

I decided to send the images we’ve had contributed to Paulo Lucinda, the principle author of the description, to see what he thought and he’s just confirmed that all the fish in these images are indeed G. neambi.

© Ryan O’Donnell

© Cuong Ngo

© Adam Carvalho

Attached files

Stefan

Nice looking fish! Colin you need these in your kitchen tank!

MatsP
    Participant

Beautiful fish. Nice to see the eartheaters get some attention from the scientists.

Mats

Stefan

Who are they named after? Sven Kullander?

Matt
    Keymaster

G. sveni is after Dr. Kullander yes and ‘neambi‘ is a patronym (NEAMB) for the department of environmental studies at the Tocantins Federal University.

Stefan

QUOTE (Matt @ Dec 30 2010, 08:17 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    G. sveni is after Dr. Kullander yes and ‘neambi‘ is a patronym (NEAMB) for the department of environmental studies at the Tocantins Federal University.

Gracias a usted señor!

Whatever it’s called, it’s spectacular.

Matt
    Keymaster

QUOTE (Stefan @ Dec 30 2010, 08:44 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Gracias a usted señor!

Ooh addressing me using the ‘polite’ style. First time that’s ever happened.

Stefan

QUOTE (Matt @ Dec 30 2010, 09:15 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Ooh addressing me using the ‘polite’ style. First time that’s ever happened. /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” /> Yo no habla español.

So how about these Colin; I think to remember you had an interest in Geophagus? And these sure do look fine!!

Plaamoo
    Participant

^Hablo /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />

Stefan

QUOTE (plaamoo @ Dec 31 2010, 12:12 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    ^Hablo /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />

See I just I made my point

Author
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.