LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Help With Id Please

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Help With Id Please

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Malti
    Participant

done it for you mick…now pass me a beer!

ps . mute the sound as the background sounds like someone can’t stop farting…

Matt
    Keymaster

Malti don’t forget that Mick is a tad older than us. No need to embarass him by mentioning his internal “issues”! /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” /> Here’s a pic of the Sewellia sp. “spotted” I had when I was in England. This one is still undescribed I think. Keith and Mick, beautiful specimens!

Here’s one having a bit of handbags with a Garra flavatra:

Keith have added the species name into the thread title in case anyone searches the forum for it.

Attached files

Reva
    Participant

QUOTE (dunc @ Jul 30 2008, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Indeed bud. Hong Kong plecs, honestly /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” /> !!! /ohmy.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:o” border=”0″ alt=”ohmy.gif” /> …oh well, I guess you have a good excuse /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” />

Annnnd….I Knew it was a Loach and not a Pleco…but you guys are used to me being mostly wrong and occasionally spot on (rasbora=danio?)….Here we erroneously call them Singapore Hillstream Loaches. I always want one. but I fear my tanks are warm and full of Big Catfish

keith565
    Participant

thanks again for the info.
    Mick, great video, do u think they are just sparing or is this courtship behavior?
    this is the only ones i’ve had, but i will keep an eye out for the spotted variety now.

dunc
    Keymaster

This thread is making me want to buy another tank. Bad thread, BAD.

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jul 31 2008, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Malti don’t forget that Mick is a tad older than us. No need to embarass him by mentioning his internal “issues”! /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

/tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” /> /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

ps Mick if you could send me the .mpg of the video, I could do some background music, better than ze farting

mickthefish
    Participant

keith, from what iv’e been told this dance is the start of the spawning sequence, but as mine were only young fish they were’nt ready to spawn.
    i found a baby in the tank not so long ago but it did’nt survive, but i keep looking.
    i’ve been told the eggs are minute .

cheers Malti, i’ll get Anne to send it of to you as long as it’s not the birdie song that is.

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

Karlos will probably add some 80s power rock Mick….

mickthefish
    Participant

i’m leaving you lot now, the Pub is beckoning me to have a few jars. /wub.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wub:” border=”0″ alt=”wub.gif” />

mick

Malti
    Participant

well he can suggest a song and I’ll put it on for him

brightsyde
    Participant

I have a 3ft “river tank” set up with a replica of the manifold from loaches online. Current stocking is 6 zebra danios, 2 as yet unidentified hillstream loach (1 sewellia sp. and 1 gastromyzon sp. – have never managed to get a decent photo of either for id) and 1 garra flavatra. Haven’t decided on full stocking, am going to add another 1 or 2 g. flavatra, poss another gastromyzon specimen and am toying with the idea of adding either some botia kubotai or a pair of Tateurndina ocellicauda. Depending on final stocking the danios may or may not stay.
    Turnover is around 26X per hour, and all the stock at the moment really love the currents and water flow.

This is my favourite tank, there’s always something going on in there and it’s great to sit and watch. It took hours to set up the manifold, and although I could use the tank space for breeding projects, after all the hard graft that went into it, I can’t bring myself to dismantle it!

Pic of manifold:

Tank Setup:

dunc
    Keymaster

What a setup /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” /> What’s the turnover?

brightsyde
    Participant

Thankyou

dunc
    Keymaster

Deaaarrry me

mickthefish
    Participant

i agree with you dunc, that tank current is far to strong for them.
    the kubs will be fine and the gastros, with them there’s no chance of over filtering the tank.
    iv’e got 11 kubs in the 6 footer that do brilliant.

mick

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.