LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Hood Problems

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Hood Problems

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

thelizzious

Lizzy’s in troubles again, quick, hide! dry.gif
    A week ago my 60 l. tank lost it’s light. At least I thought it was just a matter of the 15w TL. I bought a new one, without any luck, tried one my dad had stored somewhere, no light again. As it is a Juwel Rekord 60 and the hood is closed, so I can’t check for lose theads or so, I tried the internet for second-hand hoods, without any luck, I finally went to the Juwel website to see what a Juwel rek. 60 would cost me….About 45€! And the whole aquarium brandnew will cost about 80€.. No luck either, because the first time I’ll be able to have some money won’t be before June. So now I am trying some desk lamps in front of my tank, but is that okay? Has anyone a suggestion? Please, help.

Bluedave
    Participant

You can lift the lid above the light fitting and have a look, it’s glued down but you should be able to work it free carefully with a knife. Can always re-glue it afterwards.

thelizzious

Thanks, Bluedave. Lizzy handling a knife, I can’t think of a more lethal combination, haha. Thanks for the tip though. I may have found another way out, for the timebeing. I have removed the lit and putted two small desk lights on the hood with the light shining thru the opening of the lit. The light inside the tank looks so much more natural and my cory’s seem to like that very much. I was just wondering if leaving the hood or the lit open, doesn’t ruïn my long searched biological balance in the tank. Do you know anything about that? The whole tank looks so much more real natural this way.

Matt
    Keymaster

You should be able to run it without a lid without any problems Liz. Just keep an eye on the water level as evaporation will be a lot faster without a cover. You don’t have a cat do you? /unsure.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:unsure:” border=”0″ alt=”unsure.gif” />

thelizzious

QUOTE (Matt @ Feb 3 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You should be able to run it without a lid without any problems Liz. Just keep an eye on the water level as evaporation will be a lot faster without a cover. You don’t have a cat do you? /unsure.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:unsure:” border=”0″ alt=”unsure.gif” />

You asked if I had acat, Matt ? No, I don’t, I have three cats, not just a cat. /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” /> They lie on the hood and fall asleep, their tails in the water and the fish swim arround their tails sniffing it out, but nothing happens. They’re used to eachother now, but when I leave the house I always make sure the hoods are closed. Btw, my cory’s are spawning all the time, I guess they wouldn’t do that when the circumstances were not good, would they?

dunc
    Keymaster

Could you ask your Dad to take a look inside? It’s likely just a loose connection.

Yeah, sounds like the Cories are enjoying the environment you’ve provided for them – good work Liz

Author
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.