LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

How Many Fish

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes How Many Fish

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

cath3723
    Participant

Hi

dunc
    Keymaster

Hi cath,

A few more questions for you if you don’t mind /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forums Cath!

dunc
    Keymaster

Yeah, as Matt says, goldfish really aren’t a good pick for the aquarium mostly due to their huge adult size.

Another question I’d quite like to ask is – how long have you been keeping fish? Will this be your first aquarium?

Hope to hear from you soon

cath3723
    Participant

QUOTE (dunc @ Feb 12 2009, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yeah, as Matt says, goldfish really aren’t a good pick for the aquarium mostly due to their huge adult size.

Another question I’d quite like to ask is – how long have you been keeping fish? Will this be your first aquarium?

Hope to hear from you soon /blush.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blush:” border=”0″ alt=”blush.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Again it really depends on what kind of fish you want to keep Cath. For example it’s not even big enough for a single goldfish but you could have a school of 15 white cloud mountain minnows without problems…

dunc
    Keymaster

Hey Cath, thanks for providing the dimensions.

If this is your first tank, I better ask the question – do you definitely want to keep coldwater fish?

If you buy a heater, you make the fish choices massive – thousands of species of tropical fish can be kept in aquaria simply by purchasing a £15 heater for your aquarium.

One thing you might want to do is click the “Knowledge Base” tab right at the top of this page and search through the fishes there. See if there’s any fish you like the look of, then maybe we can help you more!

Give us as much detail as you can and we’ll do our best to give you a nice, big, appropriate reply

cath3723
    Participant

Please find attached a picture of the new aquarium.

QUOTE (dunc @ Feb 14 2009, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hey Cath, thanks for providing the dimensions.

If this is your first tank, I better ask the question – do you definitely want to keep coldwater fish?

If you buy a heater, you make the fish choices massive – thousands of species of tropical fish can be kept in aquaria simply by purchasing a £15 heater for your aquarium.

One thing you might want to do is click the “Knowledge Base” tab right at the top of this page and search through the fishes there. See if there’s any fish you like the look of, then maybe we can help you more!

Give us as much detail as you can and we’ll do our best to give you a nice, big, appropriate reply

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Is that a plastic flame angel? /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

thelizzious

Aren’t all first tanks the most difficult for all fish-loving-starters? The first cut is always the deepest they say. I remember my first tank, juwel rekord 60, 60 l. and I had four goldfish in them. Rhyukins. The pet shop owner adviced me that it would be just a beautiful little gem. But what did I know? Nothing. So these four goldies are now in the juwel rekord 120 tank, 120 l. Lately I added a comet tail goldie (white with a little red and black) and a pleco to it. The tank is perfectly in balance now, qua color (2 red, 2 black, 2 white and the “always in stalk mode pleco”). I am so glad that this turned out so beautiful. But life is always in progression and one day everything is brilliant, the next day everything is in shatters. In my 60 l. tank I now have only 5 corydoras,7 neon tetras and 2 left over zebra danio’s. I tried everything in it, guppies, platy’s, danios…Just to find my own balance in the tank. You can’t put too many in such a small tank, but you also can put too little in it. So the plants take over and it becomes a jungle. Try to find your own balance. Use this wonderful forums wonderful fish-friends and its awesome knowledge base that’s for ever expanding and you will one day have your own little miracle gem of a tank. Just grow with it and ask. Ask, even if you think it’s a stupid question, just ask. Good luck!

Reva
    Participant

Also depends on the filter you have, and the balance that Matt is talking about with the nitrogen cycle and the bacteria culture that needs to be established to bring about the balance. With a powerful filter, your choices would be more. It looks like a 20gallon tank, and you could keep many tetras or platies or danios, if you just had a heater!

Author
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.