LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Inspiration 120l 30 Gl Tnak

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Inspiration 120l 30 Gl Tnak

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ncnc 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

SSMShark

Hi All,
    I have a 120liter (31 US Gal) tank set up as below, and am looking for insperation…

Options in mind
    1. Some kind of Tang tank – but i would like it to be fairly ‘busy’
    Shellies
    Julies
    NeoLamp Brichardi?
    Calvus?
    The tnak may really be a bit to small for this?

2. Plant it up some and go for some South American Apsito / tetra combo. If your recomand this i will cross psot there

ncnc
    Participant

couple of decent powerheads and turn it into an asian river biotope

dunc
    Keymaster

Personally I’d always go for the Apistogramma (or similar SA dwarf cichlid) option. I’m a huge fan and if I had any space at all, I’d be regularly setting up new tanks for them.

To date, excluding my beloved daemon, my favourite fish of all time is Dicrossus maculatus. Such a stunning fish – when they’re mature and in breeding colours it’s unnatural!

This is one of my pics from when I kept them, and really, the photo does the fish zero justice.

When spawning their eggs require low pH to hatch (talkjing 4.5) which in a way is ideal – no babies to look after unless you specifically choose to breed them.

ncnc
    Participant

think they had a pair in gosforth pets and aquatics the last time i was in dunc if your looking for some

Matt
    Keymaster

Nice tank that looks perfect for rheophilic cichlids like Steatocranus or Teleocichla.

dunc
    Keymaster

QUOTE (ncnc @ Sep 7 2009, 11:44 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    think they had a pair in gosforth pets and aquatics the last time i was in dunc if your looking for some

I know mate. It was painful having to leave empty handed. To be honest if I had any tank space I would’ve tried some of your Guinacara (AKA pearl cichlid or whatever it was the cichlid guys thought they were

ncnc
    Participant

think theyre are all gone now – wharfe probably has some though !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.