LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Loaches

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  WaterRaven 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

WaterRaven

I have two dojo loaches/weather loaches and I noticed one of them has a torn tail fin. I wish I had noticed this yesterday when I purchased him /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

mickthefish
    Participant

try using melafix instead of salt, this product is very good for torn fins and you should see results in a matter of days.

mick

WaterRaven

QUOTE (mickthefish @ May 23 2009, 04:12 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    try using melafix instead of salt, this product is very good for torn fins and you should see results in a matter of days.

mick

Hey Mick,

Thanks for the advice. I have Melafix, I am just always hesitant to take the carbon out of the filter for medications. I started out with goldfish and have a couple of other tanks now, but I just love being able to use salt for just about everything when it comes to goldfish.

Thanks again

Eyrie
    Participant

Torn fins usually heal on their own provided the fish is kept in top quality water, and Melafix helps both with the healing process and to prevent any bacterial infection setting in. So I’d combine plenty of water changes with the Melafix

WaterRaven

QUOTE (Eyrie @ May 24 2009, 12:30 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Torn fins usually heal on their own provided the fish is kept in top quality water, and Melafix helps both with the healing process and to prevent any bacterial infection setting in. So I’d combine plenty of water changes with the Melafix
    Thank you very much for the reply /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Is it true the melafix will not work with the carbon in because the carbon will absorb it when it runs through the filter? That’s what I’ve read and have taken the carbon out in the past.

I was surprised to see the torn fin, honestly, the dojo loaches were with ballon mollies? Ah petstores… It was probably an employee accident.

Bluedave
    Participant

Loaches don’t like salt.

You will need to remove the carbon from your filter when medicating.

I don’t use carbon in my tanks and I know a lot of other people don’t, it’s only really necessary for removing medications.

WaterRaven

QUOTE (Bluedave @ May 26 2009, 01:40 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Loaches don’t like salt.

You will need to remove the carbon from your filter when medicating.

I don’t use carbon in my tanks and I know a lot of other people don’t, it’s only really necessary for removing medications.

Thank you

Author
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.