LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Mark Hughes' Replacement……

Home Forums The Lounge Mark Hughes' Replacement……

This topic contains 37 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  dunc 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Bluedave
    Participant

Chris and I have found the new city manager!

and Shaun Wright Philips is under that snow somewhere…..

and the Tevez penalty….. just because it’s the only goal I got a pic of (the rest are pics of the back of peoples heads or the top of the stand where I was jumping about celebrating!)

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey

I felt sorry for Mark Hughes. He tried his best.

I bet your family will be ‘Leeds fans for the day’ when my team plays ‘the other lot from Manchester’ in the F.A. Cup?

Regards David

Matt
    Keymaster

Mancini though…you’d have thought they’d pick someone who could guarantee success no?

Bluedave
    Participant

I feel a bit sorry for him but i’m glad he’s gone – after watching matches against Burnley, Hull and Bolton. Poor performances and lucky to get draws in those matches.

This is the poorest premier league for ten years after spending £200 million we have to finish in the top 4.

As to Mancini…..hmmm…. I think I’m happy with that for now. He won 7 trophies in 4 years in Italy so he’s got something (although 2 of them have a bit of a shadow as Juve were relegated etc), he’s young and ambitious and he knows he’s got to finish in the top 4 or get the boot so we’ll see.

The rumour I’ve heard is that he’s only here til the summer when Hiddink will take over…….

As for the FA cup, yep, would love to see Leeds beat ’em, but more worried about the league cup a few days after (got our tickets yesterday), first semi final since I was a kid, can’t wait!

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey Bluedave

Good luck in the semi-final matches. City fans deserve some luck for their loyalty.

I think it is wonderful to see such an open P.L. The ‘big 4’ have dominated for so long.

Interesting rumour about how long the ‘new boss’ will be at City.

Regards David

Bluedave
    Participant

Cheers David – we will need some luck methinks.

I agree it’s great to see such an open PL.

Had a good day today – correctly predicted every result – just need a couple of results to go for me tomorrow and i’m sat on a small fortune – fingers crossed!

Matt
    Keymaster

Dave can you buy me a new computer if you win as I´ve just got back to Spain and mine is dead. /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Dec 29 2009, 02:34 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Dave can you buy me a new computer if you win as I´ve just got back to Spain and mine is dead. /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

as a belated xmas pressie, a pair of Dragon Bs will just do nicely for me

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey

Another good league result for you yesterday Dave.

Leeds also had a good result – playing just down the road from you.

Regards David

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey

Will Mark Hughes be in the running for the vacancy at Bolton? I felt sorry for Gary Megson as he did his best.

Regards David

Matt
    Keymaster

He´s odds on favourite apparently David.

Bluedave
    Participant

I read that Darren Ferguson will get it but hope hughes gets it – would be a good job for him.

Yep, Leeds had a good result against Stockport, which are may second ‘lower league’ team. My first ever match was at Edgely park and until very recently I had an Aunt that lived next door to the stadium. I once saw city get beat 4-1 by stockport in a pre-season friendly – we had George Weah in our team with his Banana boots – 3 months later he was off after falling out with Joe Royle – those were the days!

Well, Liver-bloomin’-pool let me down by scoring in the 93rd minute – had every other result but had villa and liverpool to draw. I’m gutted! Oh well always next week! lol.

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey

See Owen Coyle is favourite for Bolton job today.

Regards David

stingrays4

Hi so this where you have been hiding from me /ph34r.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:ph34r:” border=”0″ alt=”ph34r.gif” />

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey Stingrays4

Yes you almost caused an upset – although an excellent young striker from Spain nearly stole your night of glory at the death. Will Steve C. return?

I am showing my age but my first match was Leeds Utd. v Liverpool in the 1973-74 season. I remember the game as though it happened yesterday. Strangest thing that ever happened was when I took the full blow from a Peter Lorimer free kick that went wrong, flew into the crowd and floored me – no jokes Andy Rushworth about how I have never recovered

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.