LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Mark Hughes' Replacement……

Home Forums The Lounge Mark Hughes' Replacement……

This topic contains 37 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  dunc 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey

Matt
    Keymaster

Congratulations on the result David – almost as impressive as our 7-0 mauling of, err, Colchester…

Bluedave
    Participant

Great result for Leeds – played really well. Almost went to the Preston game – took the family shopping at deepdale and me and me dad thought we might mosey on over there, unfortunately for us we changed our minds and missed a hatful of goals.

I just hope Leeds haven’t riled utd for Wednesday!

Hey Stingrays – not hiding just spreading the love on a different forum…….pmsl.

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey Matt

No was watching on the telly. Am more of an ‘armchair’ supporter these days. Not been to a game at Preston (but have seen your team play at Leeds) but I remember going to Preston when Dr David Sands had his aquatic retail outlet close by and have been to a Preston A.S. auction.

Hey Bluedave

Good luck for City.

Looks like Owen Coyle is odds on favourite for Bolton?

Regards David

Matt
    Keymaster

Yup looks like Coyle; some websites are reporting they’ve already agreed compensation. David I went to Dr. Sand’s shop a few times just after I started keeping fish. He had a big African display with hundreds of congo tetras, jewel cichlids and Synodontis if I remember right.

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey Matt

You are right about the African display.

I remember walking through the door and Dr. S., whom I knew from Catfish A.G.B. events and Koi shows, said ‘something to show you David’.? The ‘surprise’ was many tiny Corydoras (cannot spell the S. word without looking this up) barbatus fry all eating away at a ‘special mix’ of food.

Dr. S. was a real ‘pioneer’ of Synodontis keeping at a time when these wonderful catfish were seldom seen.

Wonder what he would have made of all the Syno. hybrids around?

I think Dr. S. makes a living from the world of pet dogs these days?

Regards David

Bluedave
    Participant

Yep, looks like Coyle for the Bolton job – bit of a sideways step if you ask me – not sure he’ll keep them up?

The match has been postponed tomorrow due to the snow – thank god for that as I wasn’t looking forward to taking Chris to a match played in -3 oC with snow all over the place. Had a meeting in Bolton today and the snow was unreal – was still snowing most of the day – my boss phoned me to say go home after the meeting as was daft trying to drive into the office in Manchester. More snow on the way apparently.

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey

Seems like you had a rough day? No end to the snow at the present time. At least the proposed City loan signing of Vierra will brighten things up.

Regards David

Bluedave
    Participant

Not too bad a day – got home early but it did take me an hour and a half to do a 30 min journey! At least we can get out – my brother lives in Blackrod (Nr Bolton) at the top of a hill and couldn’t even get off his drive! -6 oC here as I type but no more snow.

Yep, Viera sounds like a good (and cheap!) signing -not sure where he will play him or how as I’m not sure he’s any better than De Jong now (and he’s a bit injury prone now so I understand)? Unless he changes the formation and plays with two holding midfielders?

Will be interesting to see anyway!

Matt
    Keymaster

Cheap with 150,000 quid a week wages…

Meanwhile, Darren Ferguson is our new manager. Quite pleased with that.

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey

Well looks like Mr. Beckford is about to depart. My faith in Simon Grayson is such that I think he will already have a replacement in mind?

All the newspapers are talking about a deal that will see Carew go to Spurs and Keane to Villa in exchange?

This snow certainly is causing havoc. Sue has been unable to get our car out of the garage for over 3 weeks.

Have the floods in Spain hit you Matt? Better ammend have the floods hit your area of residence?

Regards David

Matt
    Keymaster

Nope no flooding here David it’s mostly in the south although it has been drizzling pretty much continuously for the last few days. Pretty gloomy everywhere at the minute.

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey

During the night we had another 7.6″ of the white stuff.

Regards David

Bluedave
    Participant

Thats very precise David! lol

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey Bluedave

Janet, my cousin, took a very accurate measure (which she uses in her flower arranging business) and measured the snow on her dustbin lid. 7.6″ exactly.

Now before anyone asks our houses have strange shaped entrance lobbies, so we cannot have Council wheelie bins and have to take black bin liners through the house. Hence we still have dustbins. No comments about Yorkshire please.

Regards David

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.