LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Matt And I Think Everyone Best Pastime

Home Forums The Lounge Matt And I Think Everyone Best Pastime

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author

mickthefish
    Participant

you got it Dave, Have a few blobs before going on a tour of the locals in winter it sure warms you up for the walk.
    btw, Yates have gone upmarket now you have to call them white wine all ins, i still ask for blobs though.

mick

Bluedave
    Participant

QUOTE (mickthefish @ Aug 29 2008, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    you got it Dave, Have a few blobs before going on a tour of the locals in winter it sure warms you up for the walk.
    btw, Yates have gone upmarket now you have to call them white wine all ins, i still ask for blobs though.

mick

/thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />

Bluedave
    Participant

Mick,

Red or Blue?

Matt
    Keymaster

Aah the good old blob shop…

Bluedave
    Participant

Is that still there?

Matt
    Keymaster

It´s what we call Yates in Preston mate.

Bluedave
    Participant

I thought you meant the Blob shop in Manchester!

My in laws live in Clifton, preston train station I know well

mickthefish
    Participant

Blue mate, everyone calls them the blobshop, we have three in Manchester.

mick

Bluedave
    Participant

blue is good – i’m still a season ticket holder even though i live 250 miles away, me and me eldest.

No, there used to be a yates at the top of market street next to HSBC in front of the tram stop called the Blob shop – just up from the hogshead opposite the arndale entrance.

mickthefish
    Participant

i know that well mate it was called the albion bar then there was the main one at the junction of oldham rd and ancoats street and the third is called the merchants on oldham st just before you go into piccadily sqr.
    i know my boozers round town bud.
    there’s still one pub in town that sells a pony by the gill out of the barrel, now that one warms your cockles in winter.

mick

geordie John
    Participant

LoL …..Blobs on this side of the country are seagulls wellies … Condoms .the Blob shop is where you take you newborn back for a refund ! LoL
    They were also packets of red sweats with cream in LoL we used to go into the corner shop aged about 12 and shout ‘Giv uz a packet of Blobs mister ‘ when there was loads of people in , This was at the time a side splitter and I’d we’d roll around for hours . I havent changed that much so looking forward to my next visit to a Yates’s LoL

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.