LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Melanotaenia Kamaka

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Melanotaenia Kamaka

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Plaamoo
    Participant

Here’s what the fry are looking like now.

The males are real pigs! That’s a whole Hikari carnivore pellet in it’s mouth.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Great stuff Jim, some rainbows can rival any danios or barbs when it comes to pigging out on food.

Did you notice any fry growing faster than the others and starting to eat the smaller fry, its something I have seen in many rainbow species and wondered if these are the same?

keith565
    Participant

QUOTE (Mark Duffill @ Nov 25 2010, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Did you notice any fry growing faster than the others and starting to eat the smaller fry, its something I have seen in many rainbow species and wondered if these are the same?

i to have have had that. i ended up with several tanks of different sized fry from the same spawning.

Plaamoo
    Participant

These were all hatched within 2 days and none of them were that much different in size. From what i read it’s common if you mix different age fry.

Matt
    Keymaster

Great work Jim! What diet did you raise the fry on?

Plaamoo
    Participant

I wasn’t properly prepared Matt. I improvised with pure spirulina powder, crushed veggie flake to powder, and Hikari first bites-which according to the breeders I communicate with is an inferior fry food for rainbows. That was just for the first 4 or 5 days waiting for my order of golden pearls to arrive.
    http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/other-gol…ticle-c149.html
    after about 10 days i started hatching artemia & also got micro, walter, & banana worm cultures going. Theyre eating with everyone else now with plenty of extra veggie flake.

Matt
    Keymaster

Cool.

Plaamoo
    Participant

They’re all new to me Matt. I guess walterworms are smaller than microworms but they all look the same to me. The 3 cultures came as a package.

Matt
    Keymaster

Bet your other half is loving the smell of all those cultures then.

Plaamoo
    Participant

I keep them fresh by regularly starting new ones. You should smell some of the Thai “food”she eats!

Nathan23
    Participant

Wow, happy to see this awesome post. I hope this think help any newbie for their awesome work. By the way thanks for share this awesomeness from
    Lead Generation

Nathan23
    Participant

Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, is very helpful my friend. Also great blog here with all of the valuable information you have. Keep up the good work you are doing here.
    Lead Generation

Nathan23
    Participant

I’m happy I located this blog! From time to time, students want to cognitive the keys of productive literary essays composing. Your first-class knowledge about this good post can become a proper basis for such people. nice one
    Lead Generation

Nathan23
    Participant

It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commentators here!
    Lead Generation

Nathan23
    Participant

You have done a amazing job with you website
    Lead Generation

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.