LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

More Knowledge Base Pics #3

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes More Knowledge Base Pics #3

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Graeme
    Participant

QUOTE (Mad Duff @ Sep 2 2008, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Crossocheilus nigriloba

I wouldn’t mind a few of these myself.

andy rushworth
    Participant

I think you would enjoy these Graeme , they always look nice aka Siamensis , but when they are in good fettle they are a sight to behold , they have five body spots and red and black in the lower lobe of the tail ,

Graeme
    Participant

I will keep a look out for them.

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi Mark , nice Labeo Boga !

Graeme do you still keep these ? didnt they alter a fair bit as they grew ?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (andy rushworth @ Oct 27 2008, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Mark , nice Labeo Boga !

Graeme do you still keep these ? didnt they alter a fair bit as they grew ?

That is one of Graemes fish Andy, I swapped him that for one of my Garra’s and i turned out to be a total swine.

It was a total pig at feeding times and would dive bomb the loaches

Matt
    Keymaster

They were always pretty aggressive when we had them in the shop too Mark. Has anyone had a peaceful experience with them?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Oct 29 2008, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Has anyone had a peaceful experience with them?

Not as far as I know

andy rushworth
    Participant

Reminds me of the Lobocheilus group , really hansome fish but real pains , apparently they are algae eaters in the wild , but become scale eaters in captivity , having said that it is possible to keep them either as a species only group , or with fishes smaller than themselves , if kept with larger fishes they would constantly rasp on the fishes sides removing scales

Matt
    Keymaster

I’ve never seen one bigger than about 4″ Andy. As far as keeping them in groups goes they were still aggressive to just about anything else in the shop but in a big tank I suppose it might be possible. Do you know if they live in groups in the wild?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

That photo of mine was an old one, when I finally got shot of mine it was around 5″ and yes Andy there was definite dark edging appearing on the scales.

I know Emma had a large tank full of them and if my memory is right they still seemed to have a disliking for anything else that swam including each other.

andy rushworth
    Participant

Yeah some fish are just awkward :

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Im not sure Andy I think Graeme got rid of his as well.

Once they started to get aggressive you could gradually see it getting worse and worse so I do think they would need to be in with big fish that wouldnt stand for any c##p from them.

andy rushworth
    Participant

Yeah I suspect you’re right ! its a shame some fish just seem that bit too aggresive ?

Graeme
    Participant

The boisterous attitude with these chaps is unbelievable, they basically cruise around the tank with no fear what so ever. I personally didn’t see any fin nipping (apart from within the same species) but what i did see was pure fear from the other fish, even the tough Grrr Loaches stayed away from them. Not sure if these fish should be aquarium fish….. unless you keep a 10ft tank spare!

Matt
    Keymaster

Yours shows some really nice colours Graeme.

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.